RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mack M75SX (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=1557)

Papy 03-03-2011 01:47 AM

Re: Mack M75SX

For those interested, you can dowload a good version for free on the stripmine equipment file forum....

ihbuilder 03-03-2011 07:30 AM

thanks every one

Lou , that guys a joke he puts pics of the whole pub. on the bay , anyone could just copy it . I down loaded it for nothing right off the i - net .

Papy , I thought it might be there too , who do you go by on there ? I haven' t been on in awhile . As I get further along I'll have to post this over there .

I got my rear parts yesterday , now just some time on my lathe :eek: hopefully next wknd.

IHSteve

Papy 03-03-2011 07:58 AM

Steve, you are right about this !
All this business on the bay around these old brochures or specs sheets is simply crazy: 4 pages leaflets "offered" for 20, 30, 50$ or even more :eek:.....and if you read the small lines all down the description, you finally see it's not an original document but a simple copy !!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Now, back to the real things : I like the way your model turns, and I am amazed how fast you work.....I started an LRSVW one year ago and I haven't done more than you by the time !!!!

Will you use real hydraulics for the hoist or will you manage a mechanical system ?

kerst 03-03-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papy (Post 20931)
Steve, you are right about this !
All this business on the bay around these old brochures or specs sheets is simply crazy: 4 pages leaflets "offered" for 20, 30, 50$ or even more :eek:.....and if you read the small lines all down the description, you finally see it's not an original document but a simple copy !!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Now, back to the real things : I like the way your model turns, and I am amazed how fast you work.....I started an LRSVW one year ago and I haven't done more than you by the time !!!!

Will you use real hydraulics for the hoist or will you manage a mechanical system ?

Do you have drawings or other info about the LRSVW?
I think that is an amazing truck.

Kerst

Papy 03-03-2011 11:45 AM

I got virtually no documents about the LRVSW.....photos and some infos from the net. Made drawings by myself ;)

I wouldn't want to go off-topic too much here, so PM me if you want the links to what I found

ihbuilder 03-03-2011 12:25 PM

Papy , you can put the links here , I'm actually interested in them to :) I like to keep as real as I can :D hydraulics ;)

Papy 03-03-2011 05:44 PM

OK. Here we go :)

some pictures + 2 pdf files with dimensions and various infos

3 artist drawings from original ads

winter 2007 issue of the bulldog magazine : read article from page 18 (you can probably goooogle the american version with imperial measurements....)

2 pictures

an article with some pictures

1/50 model

From all this, I could make my own scale drawings. They are probably not 100% accurate, but I think I captured the look of the truck not so bad. I may try to upload them here, but:
- they were only intended to give me some indications for the building, so they are not "industrial" drawings
- I still have to figure out how to convert them to a format that can be seen by everybody (made them on AutoCAD)
- all dimensions are in millimeters and the scale is not 1/14.5 but 1/14.285714.....:p:p:p

Ooops ! I forgot 2 things :
- thank you for the invitation in your topic
- good choice for the hydraulics ;) will you use existing products or make them yourself ?

kerst 03-03-2011 06:58 PM

Thanks a lot!

Kerst

ihbuilder 03-03-2011 07:32 PM

Papy , no problem :) in your links is the pic for the M series I was looking for ( frame and suspension :D ) I got the right size chunk of aluminum to mill for the frame piece :D I'll be making the cylinders the pump , I'll see how the UMS pump works . If it does not have the nards , then I'll put mine in it .

IHSteve

russisloud 03-03-2011 10:02 PM

holly big truck batman!

doodlebug 03-03-2011 11:01 PM

Hey papy, is this any help for converting your files? Had to down load this to see some files on the Western Star website. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsig...-cad-software/

Vanisle 03-04-2011 12:20 AM

Wow, great project. You're a machine.

Papy 03-04-2011 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihbuilder (Post 20977)
Papy , no problem :) in your links is the pic for the M series I was looking for ( frame and suspension :D ) I got the right size chunk of aluminum to mill for the frame piece :D I'll be making the cylinders the pump , I'll see how the UMS pump works . If it does not have the nards , then I'll put mine in it .

IHSteve

He, he !!!! I like the rugged I-shape frame and the walking beam type rear suspension :D

I have previously made drawings of the M45SX. Basically the same shape as the M75....if this helps, you can have them.

For the hydraulics, at 1250 psi the pressure of the original Heil hoist system is very low compared to modern systems. In model form, this pressure could probably be reached by one of these fuel pumps for RC cars, just using a stronger motor or even with a windshield washer pump.

By the way, the pump of the Wedico #294 kit is nearly exactly set at the correct pressure (6 bars = 85 psi --> 85 psi x 14.5 = 1232 psi).

Another possibility : topsflo pumps. Not tested though.........

Papy 03-04-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodlebug (Post 20992)
Hey papy, is this any help for converting your files? Had to down load this to see some files on the Western Star website. Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsig...-cad-software/

Well, I already use a CAD software, but this one could be used by other people to open my files. Good find ! Thanks ;)

modelman 03-04-2011 10:42 AM

Ihbuilder-I've been watching this build with great interest. That must be a big truck to hold that shovel full of coal.

Bigrigger 03-04-2011 07:24 PM

Looking good Steve! Keep it coming! Awesome Mack!:D

Dreamweaver 03-04-2011 08:42 PM

I think truth be known, the reason Steve is building this truck is so he has something to haul off the shavings from making all those rims.

ihbuilder 03-04-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamweaver (Post 21055)
I think truth be known, the reason Steve is building this truck is so he has something to haul off the shavings from making all those rims.

NO , thats what scrappy is for :p but I'll need to build some more and get some guys w/their tractors in the shop :D . this it to make unloading coal fun :D . My wife just said , " you didn't make it big enough " so when I build her 1 , look out :eek::p:D:D this is a 75 ton truck , she going to get a 300 ton truck :eek::p

doodlebug 03-05-2011 12:47 AM

Hey Steve, Bring it on!

Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug

tc1cat 03-05-2011 09:01 AM

Doodlebug, Thanks for the link to the CAD programs. I have been looking for one to use with my CNC mill. Program looks easy to use plus has excellent instructions.

Steve very nice loking build.

Lynn