RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Need ideas for suspension lift (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=5028)

crazy4yachts 10-08-2012 06:32 PM

Re: Need ideas for suspension lift

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a shot from the bottom side

crazy4yachts 10-18-2012 05:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok guy's

Here is the project I'm working on . I have worked most of the suspension problems out . I have a name for it, I'm thinking of calling it the BEAST! it's going to be 14x14 wheel drive with a sliding adjustable frame.I'm still coming up with different ideas for it ? here's some pictures of the mock up but like I said I still have a long way to go. Any imput would be appreciated

Thanks

crazy4yachts 10-18-2012 05:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's some pictures of it with the frame extended some of the way out.

crazy4yachts 10-27-2012 04:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just got my Beadlock wheels delivered , I have a question about them, is there a trick to puting them together because I can't get the bead of the tire to stay under the metal ring . I've tried taking the two pieces apart and just loosened them either way they don't stay under the bead. Here's some pictures !

Thanks
Crazy4yachts

scalelover 10-27-2012 05:39 PM

I had similar issues with my militants, pretty much everyone says they are pain. Patience is key, worst case throw them in the freezer for a bit. It will shrink the ring a bit. I'll see if I can find my thread which talked about it.

Here it is. http://rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=3010

--Dan

crazy4yachts 10-27-2012 08:03 PM

Hey Dan Thanks for the advice I'll give that a try. I have to do 14 of them ( we're having fun now ).

Thanks
John

crazy4yachts 11-03-2012 12:08 PM

Hey Dan

Thanks for the tip that really works I left them in the freezer for about two days and they went right together no problem.

Thanks
John

crazy4yachts 11-03-2012 10:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hey guy's I'm trying to decide which tires to use 1.9 or 2.2 which I have pictured here. 1st set of pictures are 1.9 and the 2nd set of pictures are the is 2.2 which look better to you ?

Thanks
John

crazy4yachts 11-03-2012 10:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's some pictures of the front axle I just built.

elephants14 11-04-2012 10:12 PM

Looking pretty cool.. I think that the 2.2's fill the wells more, :D

Interesting. What's your goal for this monster, I have a feeling it's going to go in one direction. Straight.... with Any weight on rear, It'll be pretty good traction wise, if axles locked... :D

Thanks
Cody

crazy4yachts 11-05-2012 12:22 PM

Hey Cody

Thanks for the compliment , I'm not sure about the back half of the Beast it is going to be a military set up that I know. Maybe some sort of special vehicle, But beyound that I'm not sure yet. I have a long way to go.

Thanks
John

crazy4yachts 11-07-2012 06:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well finally all of my Military wheels and tires are here so I can now start to build them up Yea ?

John

Goose19 11-07-2012 07:30 PM

never seen anyone haul a tank on a straight truck before.......lol! bet this one could!

gnarly truck!

crazy4yachts 11-07-2012 08:24 PM

Thanks Goose19

I appreciate the comment how did you know ,that is exactly what I'm thinking about making the Beast into I've already started making the flatbed trailer?

Thanks
John

crazy4yachts 11-13-2012 09:33 PM

I've decided to go with the 2.2 Militant wheels and the 2.2 Mil-spec ZXL tires for the Beast I'm making .I like the way the tires fill in the wheel wells plus it will raise the whole truck up .

crazy4yachts

scalelover 11-14-2012 01:18 AM

That's is a lot of beads to set. I'm glad to see that the freezer tip worked out for you. Now here's hoping that you don't have to do that on every single one of these..... And I thought the 7 that I had to do was a pain, that is going to be alot of small hardware to keep track of....lol. Keep the updates going on this monster.

--Dan

crazy4yachts 11-17-2012 12:06 PM

Ok so I've come to realize that my 14X14 wheel beast is going to need a lot of power , so I'm looking for one of these RC4WD V2 Heavy Duty (HD) Twin 540 Motor Transmission TRUCK CRAWLER txt Z-U0007. Does anyone know where I can find one or can someone sell me one , I don't think that one 540 will do the trick ?

Help Please
John

crazy4yachts 11-26-2012 12:08 AM

Hey guys does anyone know how to connect a TLT axle to the leaf springs on the front of the Beast I'm building ?

Thanks
John

crazy4yachts 12-12-2012 12:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I final got my 2.2 Militant beadlock wheels from RC4WD Today and man they are quite a bit larger then the 1.9s I had before, also got a set of Rock Crushers X/T 2.2 offroad tires with them to try out. I like the tread pattern better on these then I do the Mil-spec ZXL tires. Heres a few pictures to compare them side by side.

John

crazy4yachts 12-13-2012 03:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well I started the work on my new lift set up, because of my much bigger wheels and tires I have the front almost finished . I just have to get longer shocks and figure how to attach me TLT axle ? Heres a few pictures of the new front lift .

John