RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Board running slow? (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=13234)

ittigger 05-08-2018 09:57 AM

Re: Board running slow?

Superslow today - getting hung up on adserver . finditquick . com

JAMMER 05-08-2018 10:15 AM

The board is very slow and has been that way for a while. Ed

Zabco 05-16-2018 07:02 PM

Download speed seems to have greatly improved. Only a one or two second delay today. Thanks to whomever was responsible for taking care of this issue.

Zabco 05-17-2018 06:40 PM

Oops, may have spoken too soon and jinxed it. Today its slower than frozen molasses.

Trucker Al 05-17-2018 08:31 PM

Still slow, 10-20 sec. between page loads. Latest Windows 10 on Firefox.

FabOne 05-18-2018 12:17 PM

Still 25-28 seconds, with Windows 10, Keith Black Hemi, but running on Obama mandated ETHANOL! Lol

liftmys10 05-23-2018 09:19 AM

Slow for me for the past week. About 10sec to open up threads. On my smartphone and laptop.

Stuart 05-23-2018 02:02 PM

Slow for me too, on everthing, mac with safari & chrome, iphone and windows pc.

Cooper 05-24-2018 03:24 PM

same with me, I haven't posted any pics in a while because of issue, am on desk top computer now. I usually take pics with phone, photobucket them and copy/paste to forum. and its been super slow to load page let alone to go back and forth for copy/paste. guess ill try to transfer pics to desktop and post some progress on 993k loader

Zabco 05-24-2018 06:32 PM

What I've been doing is writing out what I want to say in a word processor, uploading my photos to postimage and then copying an pasting the links from there into the appropriate place in my article on the word processor. When done I then just copy and paste the entire thing into the forum. This way the time delays aren't really an issue.

Lil Giants 05-26-2018 02:54 PM

Still super slow for me too... Travis has emailed, text, called our server host.... nothing, no replies, no response... they're happy to take our money every month though :mad: :rolleyes:

egronvold 07-01-2018 04:22 AM

Remove the adds, then it should work. At least when browsing with Opera is says "...waiting for adserver..."
This forum will die very quickly if it keeps running this slow. Facebook had taken over alot of the posts even before this trouble :(

frizzen 07-01-2018 06:09 PM

I'm impressed they were able to find an old dial-up modem that still works to host the forum server!

Is there anything we could do to help?

9W Monighan 07-02-2018 09:20 AM

I hope this board stays working. I stay away from face book.
It is very frustrating waiting a few extra seconds for a page to load. I figured it was my older computer. Last week I had to get a new computer and it seems just alittle faster to load.

Lil Giants 07-05-2018 08:24 PM

Well Travis finally got a reply from the Host about a month ago that they would look into it... :rolleyes: ...likely time to look for a new host.

Facebook has taken over regardless of this slow server issue b/c it's just easier to post pics & vids there straight from your phone, which is all I think most ppl have for internet access nowadays. Everything on Facebook is FREE & up to date. It's just not financially possible for us to take on photo hosting; even if we did host photos it'd still be a requirement to use a photo editor to down size file size & pic dimensions to conserve storage & that's gonna turn away a lot ppl who refuse to take a few moments to upload pics to post here.

rc_farmer 07-05-2018 08:40 PM

I hope it gets resolved, I like coming here better than FB. I get see every ones builds w/o scrolling through a thousand FB posts. I will continue to come here until it's no more.

wolfws6 07-06-2018 09:24 AM

Guys,

Here is what I have noticed. If I visit this site from my computer, everything loads very quickly.

If i visit this site from my cell phone using Google Chrome, It's very slow and clunky.

Hope this helps.

Zabco 07-06-2018 07:45 PM

I won't use facebook. All you hear about today is their issues with privacy and selling your data. Don't see how you can follow a long term build either. I'm old school and to have to use a photo hosting site doesn't bother me. I have to resize and edit most of my photos anyway. And while it would really be nice to have the site back to it's former speed I remember when there was no world wide web on the internet. Everything was done via dial up modem and text based browsers. Had a 14K baud modem and thought I was screaming! Had to download photos to even see them and wait minutes to DL to do so. I'll keep using this site as long as it is around. Just a tremendous amount of reference material, ideas and support here.

egronvold 07-07-2018 02:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I ran a little test, and I still stick to my claim about the adserver-issue :)

Bo Wallen 07-16-2018 04:58 PM

Back on a bit more speed! WooHoo!