RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Volvo EC300D (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=3135)

Trucker47 11-30-2011 12:45 AM

Re: Volvo EC300D

Great build you go got going and the craftsmanship is awesome!

Chris

elliot330 12-02-2011 07:22 PM

Hi ....

Fantastic build so far... have you thought about the hydraulics yet?

Frank aka Vario supply everything from complete rams to kit versions, plus pumps. Worth dropping him an email with your requirements and seeing what he can do for you!

Good luck with the rest of it.

This is the price list from his website, scroll down for pumps etc

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...1HBm1FY8Lqmo-A

RCP57 12-02-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot330 (Post 41986)
Hi ....

Fantastic build so far... have you thought about the hydraulics yet?

Frank aka Vario supply everything from complete rams to kit versions, plus pumps. Worth dropping him an email with your requirements and seeing what he can do for you!

Good luck with the rest of it.

This is the price list from his website, scroll down for pumps etc

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...1HBm1FY8Lqmo-A

Thanks very much for the compliments and the link!

The hydros are in the works and will hopefully be all custom made. The cylinders should be finished very soon!:D

I took a couple days off from the Volvo but I got back at it a little today.

http://youtu.be/-UCvGKvOdXA

steamer 12-02-2011 10:52 PM

Blue is my favorite color. Reg it sounds more like a Harley than a Honda. Great work on the swing drive. Having all those boxes of spare parts sure comes in handy. And you know what the ladies say, If they can't find you handsome, maybe they can find you handy.
Rob

RCP57 12-02-2011 11:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by steamer (Post 41997)
Blue is my favorite color. Reg it sounds more like a Harley than a Honda. Great work on the swing drive. Having all those boxes of spare parts sure comes in handy. And you know what the ladies say, If they can't find you handsome, maybe they can find you handy.
Rob

Thanks Rob! HAHA! Having some "bits and pieces" stocked up never hurt anyone! I'm not sure if my lady finds me handsome OR handy though really? I guess there must be a reason and it's definately not for my money because I never seem to have any of that!

I'm really happy with the way the swing drive turned out. I was worried it would be too slow but it turns around 7rpm so it's close to what it should be and seems like it will be smooth with a little practice.

Oh ya, Blue sounds good, I would have bought more of it for my shop had I not found the red one for a really good price.

A couple pics from today...

Reg

pumptech 12-03-2011 12:25 PM

Just watched the vid of her swinging around,looks awesome,keep up the great work:D

RCP57 12-08-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumptech (Post 42012)
Just watched the vid of her swinging around,looks awesome,keep up the great work:D

Thanks very much! I've been working this week so I haven't made much progress on the excavator. My prototype pump is done now and some other pieces are in the works. The pump puts out around 1200ml per minute with no load so now I'm hoping it will pump enough pressure!

Reg

RCP57 12-16-2011 09:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I finally got to spend most of a day in the shop today:D It doesn't really seem like I accomplished much but everything I did today was tedious.

Hopefully I can finish the undercarriage tomorrow and then get back to working on the body.

Reg

check 12-17-2011 01:25 AM

Your work is very good. I like your creation and I have it. :)

Vanisle 12-17-2011 01:29 PM

Wow Reg. You work fast. It looks great so far. I can't remember if you asked to see a valve in another thread or not but I have some Leimbach valves if you wanted to look at one.

Richard

chaseracer 12-17-2011 02:07 PM

looking great, amazing work. wow there are some great builders and machines here on the island. keep it comming I and watching

RCP57 12-17-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanisle (Post 43160)
Wow Reg. You work fast. It looks great so far. I can't remember if you asked to see a valve in another thread or not but I have some Leimbach valves if you wanted to look at one.

Richard

Hey Richard, Yes I did ask if anyone had any pics or whatever of the valves apart. I was hoping to be able to see what they look like inside so that we could build something similar knowing it would work right the first time. We have a pump built that I hope will work, the cylinders are drawn up, relief valve is built and working but we haven't attemped the valves yet so any info would be appreciated for sure!

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm headed out to the shop!

Reg

RCP57 12-17-2011 06:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I finally got both tracks done....

RCP57 12-18-2011 07:58 PM

For those who are interested... http://youtu.be/nPCMwuudq1o

RCLogger 12-18-2011 08:35 PM

Right on Reg
Its always cool to have a new build move for the first time... Did you end up using a Sabertooth ? Also, what did you do for a slip-ring or did you build one ?

greg

RCP57 12-18-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCLogger (Post 43299)
Right on Reg
Its always cool to have a new build move for the first time... Did you end up using a Sabertooth ? Also, what did you do for a slip-ring or did you build one ?

greg

Yes and yes. I used a sabertooth on the tracks as well as the swing. I'm hoping to use the spare channel on the second sabertooth to run the pump but I don't know how that will go yet. You probably would guess that I built my own slip-ring and you would be correct. It needs a little fine tuning as it has a couple dead spots where it breaks contact at the moment but I think it will work fine once I do that. Have you decided what your doing on your slip-ring yet?

Reg

Trucker47 12-18-2011 09:15 PM

Awesome work! I am always amazed how fast this build is going every time i check it. Just wondering on the Sabertooth can you program it to run both motors off one channel? So that it becomes a dual motor single channel esc?

Thanks,
Chris

RCP57 12-19-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trucker47 (Post 43309)
Awesome work! I am always amazed how fast this build is going every time i check it. Just wondering on the Sabertooth can you program it to run both motors off one channel? So that it becomes a dual motor single channel esc?

Thanks,
Chris

I'm not sure exactly what your looking for but you can set the mixing so that each channel is completely independent from the other. That's how I've set it up on my swing motor. I'm sure you could power two motors off of the same side of the speed control without issues and still have the other channel for????

Hope this helps?

Iron Art 12-19-2011 12:26 PM

Reg, I'm amazed at your skill and speed that you can utilize those skills, In my case the faster I go the worse the outcome, that dosn't apply in your case. Cool build!!! Fred

modelman 12-19-2011 01:04 PM

Very nice work! Would you show a picture of the slip ring?