RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Another Tigercat... (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=3945)

pumptech 03-07-2012 04:31 PM

Re: Another Tigercat...

Great build you have going on,like your choice of gearmotors,wiil surely do the job. Look forward to seeing it running:)

RCP57 03-08-2012 06:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I have a few days off now so I hope to get back in the swing of things a bit. I got to play with my rotary table again today and managed to drill and thread some holes.

Thanks for lookin!

Vanisle 03-10-2012 08:45 AM

Wow, nice work. Who needs fancy wheel motors when you can do that.

edwalsh18 03-28-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCP57 (Post 50282)
Here's the grinders I used... Under $20 each at princess auto. They had some for less online but they were out of stock at the store nearby. As most of you have probably figured out I'm impatient and wanted them that day.

I haven't decided how to power it yet, all I know is that it will take a lot to spin 4tires this size!

i have a coupon to get these from harbor freight for $9.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-1-2-h...der-95578.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/c...mage_12063.jpg

RCP57 04-16-2012 06:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
It's been over a month but I spent a little time welding on my skidder today. I have some time off coming up so I hope to have more time to devote to this.

Reg

chaseracer 04-16-2012 07:28 PM

looking good Reg!!!!

RCP57 06-17-2012 08:34 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I've had a hard time getting back into this build but the weather was gross today so I used it as an excuse to stay in the shop. I finally managed to mount both the axles and their drive motors today. I had been mentally struggling with how I was going to mount the rear for quite a long time so I'm glad to have it in there and done! Now I can go back to working on the sheetmetal which is what I find to be the most fun! Before I started this 630D I wanted to build a Clark 880 but the cost of RC4WD's Demolisher 40 series tires (the only tire that is close in scale)scared me off. Now that I see the size of this one standing on it's own the 880 would have been massive! I kind of wish I had built it:eek:.

Reg

doodlebug 06-17-2012 09:39 PM

Look's Great Reg!
P.S. send the rain my way, it's alittle dry here!

Cheer's, Neil.

mack kid 06-17-2012 10:06 PM

WOW. great work. tig welding alum is great. i tried that not to long ago messed it up:eek:. its lookin good.

Snochaser 06-18-2012 01:13 PM

Nice job again Reg. Your skills are showing me up.

Ben

RCP57 06-21-2012 06:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys

Hey Neil, It quit raining here for two days did you get some? I hope so because it's on its way back here for the weekend.

Ben I don't think so...

TIG is fun:D, but for me it can be very upsetting too:mad:!

I'm still plugging away at this thing. I spent the last few days tinkering here and there on the back end making mounts for the arch and rams.

Reg

Snochaser 06-21-2012 08:06 PM

I think so Reg! Stellar work.

doodlebug 06-22-2012 12:02 AM

looking good Reg, drier than a (?????) here!

Cheer's, Neil.

RCP57 06-22-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodlebug (Post 59212)
looking good Reg, drier than a (?????) here!

Cheer's, Neil.

It's wizzin here again Neil!

Come on Ben you gotta give yourself more credit! At least your Cat works! This is far from finished and I'm already kinda wishin I'd started something else. The hydraulics are more complicated than I have patients for! 10 cylinders and 5 valves:eek:...help!

Reg

RCP57 06-23-2012 05:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I started to make some pieces for the hydraulics but I really wasn't into it so I decided to finish the guarding in the arch today instead.

Ben, Did you use two cylinders in your grapple or just one? I took pictures of a 630B near my house months ago and it had one ram but I believe the 630D's have two. I'm not sure which way would be easier to make though as the second ram replaced a linkage that was in the older models.

Thanks Reg

Snochaser 06-23-2012 06:16 PM

Dam Reg, that looks great!

I used two cylinders in the grapple, it was tighter than dicks hat band! Took along time (days) to get it just right, shims, spacers, washer, ect.

Ben

RCP57 06-23-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snochaser (Post 59272)
Dam Reg, that looks great!

I used two cylinders in the grapple, it was tighter than dicks hat band! Took along time (days) to get it just right, shims, spacers, washer, ect.

Ben

HAHAHA I bet! At least this one is in a bigger scale so there's some more room. This thing is becoming a pain in my ___! I like the metal work but I started to make cylinders yesterday and it just seemed soooo boring! I appreciate my father inlaws help on the volvo even more now! I'm horrible at making anything more than once let alone 10 times.lol

Thanks for the info and the compliment!

Reg

doodlebug 06-24-2012 11:37 PM

LoL! No rain yet, 2 brush fire's burning this weekend. Can cut the air with a knife!
Spent Sat. on a Rummley 30-60 Oilpull, yes it was hot! Sorry, no picture's.
Look's like fun to build grill's and hydraulic cylinder's. Keep it up, looking forward to more update's!

Cheer's, Neil.

mog 07-07-2012 11:31 AM

nice combo arch what are you going to use for your winch. i have to give you a big high 5 for all your tig work i know it's not eazy what kind of AL are you working with 3003for the sheet or 6061.

RCP57 07-10-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mog (Post 60146)
nice combo arch what are you going to use for your winch. i have to give you a big high 5 for all your tig work i know it's not eazy what kind of AL are you working with 3003for the sheet or 6061.

I'm not sure what I will make for a winch yet. I haven't really decided whether it will even function or not. I get the AL material from a local sporty boat builders scrap bin so I'm actually not sure of the grade. I do know that it is not 6061 though because it bends easily. TIG welding it can be a pain for sure, especially if the parts don't fit perfectly or their of different thicknesses. I've learned a lot over the last year and a half through trial and lots of error so it is getting a little easier but I have a lot more to learn(always will too)! I'm waiting on a price for a CNC kit for my BF30, if I can get that and learn how to use it the parts will fit better and be easier to blob together!:D

Reg