RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kenworth 850 Off Highway (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=5939)

Northern Farmer 02-13-2016 09:53 AM

Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Pretty cool that you thought of using that to make the sound on the Kenworth most people would have tossed it away years ago! I myself thought you were using a sound module lol...the things creative people think of!

Northern Farmer 02-13-2016 10:01 AM

The sound is pretty close
http://youtu.be/AWoqq61WXGg

RCP57 02-13-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 139333)
Whenever I watch a latest video of KW logger, I usually mute it, that noise box so obnoxious... don't let me near with a hammer in hand, God knows what might happen :eek: :D :lol:

Well I guess it's a good thing you aren't nearby with your hammer or I would probably hurt your ears even more by discharging my shotgun.:eek::rolleyes: It does seem much louder on camera than in person. When side by side with the Hayes the sound level is not that different but it does have a more "metallic sound" for sure and I think that's why the camera picks it up more. Oh well, there's no volume control on this one so it is what it is. It needs to be loud anyway because Detroit's are famous for being obnoxious! That's why so many old timers are deaf.:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Farmer (Post 139334)
Pretty cool that you thought of using that to make the sound on the Kenworth most people would have tossed it away years ago! I myself thought you were using a sound module lol...the things creative people think of!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Farmer (Post 139336)
The sound is pretty close
http://youtu.be/AWoqq61WXGg

It sounds similar at least. I think it's as close as the few Detroit Diesel sound clips I've heard guys load onto the electronic units. I would rather it be electronic as it would be cool if it had the air brake noises and stuff like that but it's also kinda neat to surprise people with what is actually making the noise.lol

Lil Giants 02-13-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCP57 (Post 139339)
Well I guess it's a good thing you aren't nearby with your hammer or I would probably hurt your ears even more by discharging my shotgun.:eek::rolleyes: It does seem much louder on camera than in person. When side by side with the Hayes the sound level is not that different but it does have a more "metallic sound" for sure and I think that's why the camera picks it up more. Oh well, there's no volume control on this one so it is what it is. It needs to be loud anyway because Detroit's are famous for being obnoxious! That's why so many old timers are deaf.:lol:

...that might be a good deterrent not to do the unthinkable... :eek: :D :p

Yes, the camera does resonate sounds more than what they are... like the hyd pumps in my vids, it sounds deafening in vid, but the reality is it's just a light hum... the furnance when it starts drowns out the noise even.

frizzen 02-13-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCP57
Oh well, there's no volume control on this one so it is what it is. It needs to be loud anyway because Detroit's are famous for being obnoxious! That's why so many old timers are deaf.:lol:

WHAT? Speak up.
:D

RCP57 02-13-2016 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 139357)
...that might be a good deterrent not to do the unthinkable... :eek: :D :p

Yes, the camera does resonate sounds more than what they are... like the hyd pumps in my vids, it sounds deafening in vid, but the reality is it's just a light hum... the furnance when it starts drowns out the noise even.

LOL

Yeah I don't really understand why that is but it doesn't seem to matter which camera I use. I notice it when I am filming outside too so I can't blame it on being in an enclosed area. Oh well, that's why operators wear earmuffs isn't it?:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by frizzen (Post 139362)
WHAT? Speak up.
:D

Exactly!

Lil Giants 02-13-2016 04:38 PM

What & how many cameras do you use to shoot yt film?

My GoPro is early 2012, it's starting to get glitchy to use & despite saving on Hi-Def from Window's movie maker editor, the picture still seems kinda blurry... I think it's 1080x720.

RCP57 02-13-2016 05:45 PM

I normally use an older Canon HD video camera. I think it's from 07-08 or there about. It takes very nice video as long as it is bright enough outside. It's nice to be able to zoom in and out but the field of view is narrow compared to a GoPro. I also have a first gen GoPro Hero HD. It works well but doesn't have a screen so I point it and hope it's looking at something relevant. I don't like using it much because of that and it also seems to take much longer to upload videos from it to YT. It's great for a helmet cam but not the best for normal shooting I find. I would like to get a new Hero 4 with remote but I should have charged Mark more for his trailer to make it happen.lol Oh well, next time...:rolleyes:

Claus 03-04-2016 11:56 AM

The sticker on your toolbox is too funny!
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...ps465373f1.jpg

bigford 03-04-2016 12:13 PM

i knew they ate weird stuff in canada

RCP57 03-04-2016 06:12 PM

All part of a balanced diet I suppose.

I think it's funny that it took this long for someone to comment. The picture may have been "staged" slightly. All of this time I thought I was the only one with a sense of humor...

Supermario 03-04-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCP57 (Post 140505)
All part of a balanced diet I suppose.

I think it's funny that it took this long for someone to comment. The picture may have been "staged" slightly. All of this time I thought I was the only one with a sense of humor...

Just goes to show how mesmerized you have us all with your metal work! Heck, I always like looking in the background but missed this one.:eek::lol:

Bo Wallen 03-05-2016 10:32 AM

I missed that one too.......:p:p Mario: "I always like looking in the background"....do You ? :lol:

RCP57 03-05-2016 10:36 AM

"looking" or "lurking"?:lol::lol:

Bo Wallen 03-05-2016 10:40 AM

Reg where is the handcuff..............hiding..........:lol::lol: Carry On Lurkin :)

Supermario 03-05-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo Wallen (Post 140525)
I missed that one too.......:p:p Mario: "I always like looking in the background"....do You ? :lol:

:lol: apparently not always :lol::cop:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCP57 (Post 140526)
"looking" or "lurking"?:lol::lol:

It's a bit of both I guess.:rolleyes: call it " loourking " :lol: