RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Yearly RC show, Indiana - NEW INDY (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=12620)

Panther F 01-07-2018 05:59 AM

Re: Yearly RC show, Indiana - NEW INDY

Such amenities and a drawing for a Grand Hauler too all for only 20 bucks a driver? Are we allowed to bring supplemental heaters as long as we have the power strip?

I hope Motel 6 is a nice place then. For me it's been a long, long time for a few nights out and it will be nice to put some faces to these names. :bounce:

Mustang46555 01-07-2018 05:01 PM

Supplemental heaters? I didn't think alcohol was allowed, oh, wait, you mean electric! LOL!!
Fairground buildings usually have pretty heavy circuits to handle all the stuff that goes on so one heater probably wouldn't hurt. It's use would be strictly up to Izzy though, unless you hear different before the event I'd go ahead and bring it and a power strip, just be sure to double check with Izzy or Travis before plugging it in.

TRUCKMAKER 01-07-2018 06:08 PM

Based on the building we’re in, I highly doubt a supplemental heater will be needed, but that’s up to you. As Dennis said talking to Travis and or Izzy would be appropriate prior to plugging it in.

Lmackattack 01-07-2018 06:19 PM

I dont mind if its a little cool inside I was just asking so I know what to pack for. If this was a lightly insulated building or more like the hotel was. looking at pics it looks like it will be plenty warm inside

Izzy 01-07-2018 10:34 PM

I will ask about the circuits.

One or two probably won't be an issue. Several would be.

From the site photo, it looks decently built. Older building though.

I hope we can do the larger newer building next year.

Panther F 01-08-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang46555 (Post 160976)
Supplemental heaters? I didn't think alcohol was allowed, oh, wait, you mean electric! LOL!!

I wasn't planning on Drinkin' N Drivin' but it's good to know to leave it at home! :p

Izzy 01-08-2018 05:55 PM

BtW, the Grand Hauler raffle item is Sponsored by RC Hobbies Plus in Lafayette Indiana. Run by Larry, good guy.

FabOne 01-08-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 161033)
BtW, the Grand Hauler raffle item is Sponsored by RC Hobbies Plus in Lafayette Indiana. Run by Larry, good guy.

THANKS Larry!!

-Terry

jjackso5 01-09-2018 05:22 PM

Thank you Larry at RC Hobbies Plus for supporting us. Hoping to meet him on Saturday at the event.

Thank you again,

Jim

Kevlar 01-13-2018 09:33 AM

Hello everyone, I hope to see you all next weekend. If there is anyone who has two sets (4 tires) of the RC4WD LoRider tires, I'm interested. I need them for a tag axle on one of my dump trucks. Thanks!

skeeter 01-13-2018 12:34 PM

Anxiously awaiting pics/vids of/from this event!

frizzen 01-16-2018 10:07 PM

Any idea when the GrandHauler drawing might be held since 'Must Be Present To Win'?

fhhhstix 01-17-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frizzen (Post 161334)
Any idea when the GrandHauler drawing might be held since 'Must Be Present To Win'?

I would say we will do the drawing Sat night.Larrry sold me the truck at cost to help out our cause and I appriciate that verry much I just hope we can raise a little money to help cover the cost and somebody go home with a new truck kit. I will be honest there is not that much mark up in a kit. Hobby shops make there money in parts. I was thinking 1 ticket for $20 or 4 for $50 if you want to increase your chances.

Fury Fan 01-18-2018 06:40 AM

I am hoping to be there. I'm a newb here with zero presence, mostly due to not yet knowing how to post pics and avoid the 3rd-party issues. Don't wanna post stuff and then people find out they can't see it.

1. Hoping to meet some of my IN brothers.
2. Hoping to drum up a little side business on my CNC router down the road, I've decided 2018 is the year to try and make some extra $$. So I'll be bringing a few of my homebuilt pieces as samples.

Izzy 01-19-2018 04:40 PM

City is all set. Come on out. Doors close at midnight, open at 8

trucker1970 01-19-2018 06:01 PM

sweet!! i'm going to try to make it there tonight I'm still putting one of my pieces of equipment back together. If not see you at 8 AM!

Izzy 01-20-2018 01:40 AM

Site closed, see you at 8 or 7 at flapjacks.....

GlobelinerBrad 01-20-2018 09:02 AM

I’m currently changing the water heater in my house. I’m hoping to head down afterwards. Open til midnight again?

frizzen 01-20-2018 04:39 PM

boone county farm buerau community building

https://i.imgur.com/D8vZiIbh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cmB3glnh.jpg

Here until midnight today, come on out!

GlobelinerBrad 01-20-2018 06:40 PM

Stil. Having hot water issues so i can’t make it....