RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Highway Trucks and Trailers (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   first time builder needs input (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=4707)

josh.backstrom 07-02-2012 10:02 PM

first time builder needs input

im going to start my first build really soon. im big into hot rods and not so much into trucks. i want to combine the two genres. is this going to offend any body. any suggestions????? im starting with a night hauler body. thanks diesel demond. its going to be hard for me to hack up that paint job i put on it. thoughts and suggestions please

fhhhstix 07-02-2012 10:11 PM

Re: first time builder needs input

Just build what makes you happy, that is what building is all about. Don't worry about being different, different is a good thing.:cool:

Travis

josh.backstrom 07-02-2012 10:24 PM

im going to build the rest of the truck around the cab

dabears 07-03-2012 08:56 AM

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...703-080221.png

Like this?

SWAGGER 07-03-2012 02:50 PM

LMFAO! Now that's slammed!

doodlebug 07-03-2012 04:02 PM

I like it, no room for mr. dot to get underneath on his creeeper, LOL!

Cheer's, Neil.

josh.backstrom 07-03-2012 06:23 PM

that was "kinda" what i was thinking. i want something very wild and crazy. make a name for myself

hippy 07-03-2012 08:24 PM

welcome to the club! dabears that truck is sick! love it! thats how i want the rig rat to look!

josh.backstrom 07-03-2012 09:05 PM

im going to go for a look similar....but with some more flair

Diesel Demond 07-03-2012 09:16 PM

**** that truck is slammed! i have faITH IN YOU JOSH.

dabears 07-03-2012 11:50 PM

Ill have to find the other ones i have pics of. that was the only one i had on my phone at work.. its deffinitally different and would take a lot of carefull planning!

Tamiya Cowboy 07-04-2012 10:33 AM

Come on Josh stop screwing around I know you got the skills lets see the picks..

josh.backstrom 07-04-2012 12:18 PM

the hard part of it all is all i have is a cab to start with. not being around these trucks much i dont know any of the dimensions of anything. so i start with the cab and then am going to build the rest of the truck around it. i made some first cuts last night so we will see where this will go. i got lots of plastic and body filler.............anything is possible. can someone give me dimensions on frame rails......there height, width, how far apart they are, approx how far they sit off the ground, and the minimum ground clearance i will need. any info is greatly appreciated. funds are non existant so im going to try to be very resourcefull and build a mock up frame out of wood

Tamiya Cowboy 07-04-2012 12:36 PM

Josh Ill put a Frame together with a Knight Hauler Floor so you can work off it and when your done just send it back to me I give it to Cory next weekend..

josh.backstrom 07-04-2012 12:43 PM

sweet paul you the man. that would be very helpfull

Diesel Demond 07-04-2012 01:40 PM

josh i got more parts also for ya and a whole set of alluminum rims just waiting for my others to arrive. although i do have a whole set of plastic ones but there painted brown

josh.backstrom 07-04-2012 03:04 PM

have you guys ever looked at scale4x4rc.org
thanks cory it will be very helpfull

Tamiya Cowboy 07-04-2012 03:14 PM

Yeah we all have but this is the place to be for semis.

josh.backstrom 07-04-2012 03:28 PM

i seen one article about a semi build on there then realized its was all small pickups and stuff. our site is way better

dabears 07-04-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh.backstrom (Post 59980)
i seen one article about a semi build on there then realized its was all small pickups and stuff. our site is way better

i second that this is the place to be for nice helpfull people and semi's