RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   how many guys actually drive truck on here? (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=8547)

weemanch 03-10-2014 12:26 AM

how many guys actually drive truck on here?

wondering how many truck drivers we have on here. i know the one guy does dump truck stuff(assuming since his display picture is a nice dump truck).

doodlebug 03-10-2014 12:52 AM

Re: how many guys actually drive truck on here?

Me!

Radio Control Trucker 03-10-2014 01:09 AM

I'm a retired OTR Driver.

- RCT

weemanch 03-10-2014 01:48 AM

are you guys O/O or threw a company? i am recovering a from a bad motorcycle accident and about all healed up, which i am just needing to start getting some money coming in and have decided to start looking at trucking as a possible career switch(worked in factorys the past 4 years) but when i got into accident i got fired from my job, so i am kinda at square one with not know what to do for a job. since i can't really do factory work right now, due to restrictions. which i have a couple uncles that drive, but none of them would be able to get me into there work(chrysler and hertz) for awhile.

Lil Giants 03-10-2014 01:54 AM

I started with hauling oil in 88-89, then I did proharvest from 90-96, then did regional grain hauling from 97-03... now I just drive my own semies for my own grain. I've missed a few harvests, but I've been here to seed every crop since 87.

Radio Control Trucker 03-10-2014 03:32 AM

I ran for CRST for about a year, then Werner from '99-2000, and then drove for J-Mar for just over a year. Then I was diagnosed with a brain-tumor and lost my driving :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh, well.... on to the r/c tractor-trailers. :D :D

- RCT

cabs 03-10-2014 05:22 AM

Heavy lowbed

ihbuilder 03-10-2014 07:28 AM

Well I usta did :rolleyes: and then some . In my short time on this rock , werking for dad , I started on grading dozers ,loaders , etc then got me lic at 16 . Thats when it all went down hill :rolleyes: baby dirt buckets and detachable till they came out with CDL lic'ing ("91" here IIRC ) Dad pulled me off till I took the test (with a real pre-trip test :rolleyes:) then back at it for dad and myself till 2012 . Soo , D/EQO,O/O . in the off season I built the trucks I drove ( dad would buy the walered out ,ready for the scrap heap trucks ) repaired the equipment .

ekim 03-10-2014 07:58 AM

I used too drive Locally.....but really only a KW Vactor Truck......35' long.... Dont really count I guess...anyway now the boss dont drive the cleaner.......almost a desk jockey..

michael

Smiley 03-10-2014 08:58 AM

I started operating log skidders, log loaders anflatbeds when I was prolly 13. Started driving a truck when I was 17. Done that off and on for around 9 years if we weren't to far from the mill :D lol. My dad and granddad went out of business then I drove a front end loader for a little bit helping build a power plant. Then I finally got my license when I was 27 :D lol. drove OTR for about a year for TMC pulling a flatbed. Currently I work for Frank Thompson Transport where I drive a bomb :cop::cop::lol::lol::lol:. I haul gas, diesel and distillate. Which is 4 times more flammable than gas :eek::D

JAMMER 03-10-2014 09:50 AM

Well I am retired but drove for 56 years. Pulled doubles for UPS as a casual and pulled twin 48 dox doubles across NY and MASS for a freight and double tank trailers for a tank company. Drove dump trailer and flow boy and liquid tanks and pneumatic tank mainly. Out of all of them I like tank work because the product flows on and flows off the heaviest thing you have to handle is a hose. Ed

MACK Daddy 03-10-2014 10:13 AM

Been driving for about 10 years now....Started working at fed-ex and got my Class A CDL through them.......Didn't want to wait in line for a CDL position to open up so I left fed-ex to work as a yard jockey for Meridian IQ....I picked up and dropped trailers around the yard...Left Meridian and went to go work at Yellow freight.......Did routes to and from Manhattan till I found a HazMat company Called NUCO2...... been with the Company for about 7 years now delivering Carbon Dioxide....I drive a tanker at this point...

But besides me, my father drove trucks for over 40 years in Argentina and the US...You can say its in my blood...lol

Alfy

Lmackattack 03-10-2014 10:29 AM

Started driving end dumps for 2 years, then 13 years in Indy car racing driving the haulers. Now drive lowboy around Chicagoland.

JoseFL10-4 03-10-2014 10:54 AM

Well my friend you must be ready to pass a DOT test first then ur lic must be clean no DUI or tickets, you can go by your self to take the test at dmv or go to a school and in 30 days you have a job. Now they will talk to you about a x or y company that is the best for you, but the best person can tell you where start is a friend or somebody on the line now. I work for MS carriers then have to switch to (swift) but was for a little, then move fuel for KENAN then move over MARTIN BROWER delivering for Mc donalds. move fast is the best time to start.

Brian in PA 03-10-2014 11:32 AM

Had my own tri axle for 8 1/2 years. Still hop in my dad's every once in a while.

TRUCKMAKER 03-10-2014 04:09 PM

Started around '77 running lease trucks between various national lease facility's in Indiana, hauled scrap for a few years then mostly dry freight for an O/O. Decided to get married and had a chance to get into military truck manufacturing for around 10 years. Currently and for the last 20 years I've been working for a class 8 truck manufacture building and testing prototypes.

peterbilt65 03-10-2014 05:17 PM

im in 26 yrs ,,my dad and two older brothers ,I drive for a crane and rigging co. hauling crane parts and oversize loads in the city of boston ma. neil

flatdeck 03-10-2014 07:37 PM

Will I have thought of my self as a drive for over 40 years running in 48 states and 10 provinces vans and flat deck.. I guess I qualify as over the road O/O..

Wayne

dirthalr 03-10-2014 08:25 PM

Drove my own quad for 20+ years

BRICKNICK 03-11-2014 07:26 PM

Well my dad was an owner operator for 35 years till he passed away in 2003, I decided to give the owner operator thing a try for three years hauling my own reefer and doing some flatbed work also. Then I sold my truck due to financial reasons and got a job driving a tanker locally. Then got a job in the township as a diesel mechanic. Been there for the last 4 years and I'm planning on getting another tractor n going owner operator again with my brother.