RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Central Plains Mini Truckers Club (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   St. Louis Event Ideas??? (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=5290)

rockNmayhem 10-09-2012 11:56 PM

St. Louis Event Ideas???

Well ladies and gentlemen I have been thinking about the show in a couple of weeks and I have some ideas of what I think we'd be doing but I'm not really sure as this is my first show I've gone to.

I was thinking about who all was going and what equipment and rigs they'd be bringing and I just had a few thoughts but wasn't sure if anybody else would be interested in them.

Now if I'm way off track here or outta line just shout and I'll let it go.

A couple of ideas that I had in mind would be some sort of truck pulls?

Maybe tractor pulls if there is anyone else there with tractors besides my Ford?

How about a road test course for points? Something along the lines of parking, backing up, making turns and maneuvers in a set area with some small markers of some sort?

Now those are just a few ideas that I had in mind and thought I'd bring up to see if anybody would be interested in them. Like I said before I've never been to a show so some of this may already be done and I don't know about it or not enough people would have interest but I thought I'd give it a shot anyways.

Lemme know what you guys think of any of these ideas and I'll be glad to help make any of them happen if we can.:D

Tyler

Lil Giants 10-10-2012 01:32 PM

Re: St. Louis Event Ideas???

Lots of heavy artillery coming in, as in dirtpusher9's dozer & pull scraper for starters.. I hope there's a dirt pile & not that silly granulated rubber stuff?!

We could do some road building! Build a dirt ramp up to an overpass, or just a road in general 6inches thick & properly graded. How many dump trks/trls will be there? Do something constructive with a goal to be achieved inside of two days. ;)

Maybe Sunday morning we start cleaning up the dirt and hauling it back into the dump trl that brought the dirt to Ed's shop (unless it was delivered in a dump trk)?

rcguyfarms 10-10-2012 02:17 PM

I vote for the road building idea.

YoungGunz 10-10-2012 03:34 PM

I'll have my truck and frameless, she will be ready to get dirty ;) someone needs a water truck, might get a tiny bit dusty :D

Snochaser 10-10-2012 07:41 PM

I like how you're all thinkin'.

Ben

fhhhstix 10-10-2012 08:57 PM

Depending on the weather and who all shows up there may not be a whole lot of extra room in Ed's shop by the time you get the the bridge and everybody's stuff set up. The weather will be a big factor on what we have room to do.;)

sandfarmer 10-10-2012 10:41 PM

If I knew I could be there I would volunteer to bring the dirt. But unless the weather keeps me out of the field I'll be harvesting soybeans. Want to come meet you guys and I'll have my first semi tractor by then, was hoping to talk someone into letting me pull a borrowed trailer LOL! Hope the 19th is the 3rd game of the NLCS Cards vs. Reds!

Lil Giants 10-11-2012 08:35 AM

A cu yd or two will do. Whatever the cost, take a head count for those who use it & split it. ;)

Izzy 10-11-2012 09:48 PM

I'll have some trailers there :)

Road building sounds fun. The road coarse has me interested as well.

Am I to bring the pull sled? Not sure it will be of any use on concrete - set up for carpet.

Izzy

sandfarmer 10-11-2012 09:55 PM

I too like the sound of road building/something with a "goal" in mind, Road course would be awesome too....Bobtail of course lol! I really hope it works out where I can come up.

Lil Giants 10-11-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 67237)
Am I to bring the pull sled? Not sure it will be of any use on concrete - set up for carpet.

Izzy

We could build you a dirt track Izzy, D9Joe's dozer will do a great job packing and leveling. ;)

ihbuilder 10-11-2012 10:57 PM

WELL I'll just wait and see how all goes and adapt to the environment . I'll most likely be loading trucks :rolleyes: Although I'll have to build a ramp to load till I get my longer lift cylinders made :(

Supermario 10-12-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 67242)
We could build you a dirt track Izzy, D9Joe's dozer will do a great job packing and leveling. ;)

What a great goal for the event! Build a dirt track to run Izzy' sled on:cool: you could even increase the grade as you get down the track just to make things interesting:D

Hmmmm, St Louis is only what? 2-3 hrs from Indy? After 9hrs, whats another 2 or 3 . :D. I would love to be there and see the dirt track built. I have no gravel trailer YET but I could move equipment around with my lowboy:p
Sounds like its going to be a great meet rain or shine.:)

I gotta talk to the wife .......;)

Mario

dirtpusher9 10-12-2012 07:53 PM

Yeah, we need a goal in mind that sounds good. Ed, what time will you be running too on Friday night? Not sure I'll be there in time too play or not but going to try to be.

heavy_duty 10-13-2012 09:21 AM

We are getting close to our meet.I will be shutting my shop down at 3 pm and from there it's game on.I plan on sticking around pretty late to make sure everyone who wants to stop by or setup,has the opportunity to.Lets all work together and build a dirt bridge to no where.

Ed

rc_farmer 10-13-2012 03:35 PM

I will be there with the 140H......i like the bride to nowhere idea, we actually have a 1.3 million $ one here that goes in to the side of a house.....built by the corp of eng......:D

rockNmayhem 10-13-2012 03:58 PM

I like the sounds of building something as a goal. I won't have much but I may make a quick roller to pull behind the tractor to pack the ground for ya. :D

Tyler

ihbuilder 10-13-2012 04:58 PM

if you don't get 1 made , I'll pack it in with a 40# loader :)

rockNmayhem 10-14-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihbuilder (Post 67352)
if you don't get 1 made , I'll pack it in with a 40# loader :)

Steve I'm already over half way there with a 23lb tractor I just gotta add another 20 behind it and I'll gladly flatten anything I can. :p

Tyler

dabears 10-16-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermario (Post 67276)
What a great goal for the event! Build a dirt track to run Izzy' sled on:cool: you could even increase the grade as you get down the track just to make things interesting:D

Hmmmm, St Louis is only what? 2-3 hrs from Indy? After 9hrs, whats another 2 or 3 . :D. I would love to be there and see the dirt track built. I have no gravel trailer YET but I could move equipment around with my lowboy:p
Sounds like its going to be a great meet rain or shine.:)

I gotta talk to the wife .......;)

Mario

Its only a couple hour flight too Mario ;) instead of all those miles...