RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment Tech (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pressure Relief Valves (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=9952)

gauthib12 01-22-2015 10:31 PM

Pressure Relief Valves

Hello all,

Am putting together a hydraulic system, where are some places to get the type of pressure relief valves used in our kind of circuits? Has anyone made one?

Thanks

titandigs 01-23-2015 04:39 AM

Re: Pressure Relief Valves

I got mine from THS in Germany and it is the same one used in the THS and Premacon models. Tobias at THS is very helpful and a very nice guy to deal with.
I think it is made by Mineart or Minehart not sure of the spelling but someone here will know.

gauthib12 01-24-2015 02:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks titandigs! BTW awesome job on the D11R!!! I did some further research and decided to try to make one...ball type.. just have to test it, but I think it will work..couple of pics of the parts...big thing will be to get the right spring tension, I guess..

Lil Giants 01-24-2015 02:57 PM

Looks like you got it figured out. ;)

Now do you have a pressure gauge?

Rimrock 01-24-2015 05:35 PM

Reminds about the valve that can be found at wtbcar, and others. They use a 60-70 degree cone instead of a ball. Cone is alu, and the housing too. I tried once make one, use a steel ball, and housing of brass. Did'nt take much pressure) I guess it's easier using soft material, alu, as housing. Well, they are about 30-35 USD at wtb, so I just get mine there)

doodlebug 01-25-2015 01:46 AM

It helps to seat the ball with a punch and hammer.
Cheers, Neil.

gauthib12 01-26-2015 10:08 AM

Thanks for the input Gents.. I like the seating idea Neil, will give it a try...I tightened up the screw and tried to push it with a steel rod and it is very hard to move, of course it will need to be tested, but I am hopeful!..

gauthib12 02-10-2015 10:58 AM

Hey All,

Quick question on servos: Does anyone use the Hextronik HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo to control rotary valves? Any other recommendations? Are they strong enough..am assuming so, but was thinking about placing an order, so just wanted to get some input..

Thanks!

Lil Giants 02-10-2015 03:51 PM

Do you have a particular brand of valve or did you make them? Is the valve a plunger or rotary?

I have never heard of the servo brand you speak of.

gauthib12 02-10-2015 10:30 PM

Hey Lil Giants, valve is rotary, I am in the process of trying to build them ..using aluminum block with the brass, the Hextronic are from Hobbyking...wondering about how much torque will suffice..?