RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bruder Delta tracked loader (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=847)

Trixx 11-15-2010 07:14 AM

Re: Bruder Delta tracked loader

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

How do you use the channels on the radio?

Somthing like my drawing?

/Andreas

Lil Giants 11-15-2010 11:38 PM

The bottom drawing is how I like to operate.

Nifty drawing, I saved it to modify later in "paint" for future explanations of how set up radios. :cool:

SmallHaul 11-15-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trixx (Post 11182)
Hi,

How do you use the channels on the radio?

Somthing like my drawing?

/Andreas

The bottom drawing is how I like to operate but, I steer with my right.

I decided I should keep the prototype Loader for myself and run the heck out of it to make sure everything holds up nice. After running it for a couple of hours moving dirt I noticed that the motors where getting really hot because of the 205:1 transmission that I was using. If you listen to motors in the video they are screaming at anything over half throttle. So, I put the heavier duty tamiya tranny in it (the gears are twice as thick) and now the drive ratio is 115:1 and now the motors never go over 130 degrees even after 1 hour of constant work. It still has power to spare and it sounds much better without the motors screaming.

I was asked to make a video with it running slower. I didn't realize that a Cat 297C has a top speed of only 8.5 mph.:)

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum

firefighter-1177 11-16-2010 12:49 PM

The bottom drawing is how our cat skidsteers at work operate.

ihbuilder 11-16-2010 01:03 PM

yes the bottom is cat joystick setup boom bucket on the right and on the left stick for skid - fwd/rev left/right on ex - crowd and swing . what's neat about what cat did with the skid steer controls , is they match the excavator controls . just instead of swing your steering and instead of crowd in / out your traveling

IHSteve

SmallHaul 11-16-2010 01:32 PM

I'll have to switch my crane & skid steer to the Cat setup then.

The full scale equipment operators that have run my crane & skid steer have said that its backwards to what they are used to.

ihbuilder 11-16-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmallHaul (Post 11264)
I'll have to switch my crane & skid steer to the Cat setup then.

The full scale equipment operators that have run my crane & skid steer have said that its backwards to what they are used to.

Hmm , then I guess I didn't get to run them yet . That would've been a sight :confused::eek::eek::p

SmallHaul 11-19-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihbuilder (Post 11283)
Hmm , then I guess I didn't get to run them yet . That would've been a sight :confused::eek::eek::p

I thought you ran my Dragline Crane?

The rubber tracked loader has 20 hours of run time on it now and everything held up great. Even the tracks are still fine. So, I feel completely comfortable selling these. Albert (Aseejr) is my first customer and I have his loader over halfway complete.

I made a quick video moving some timber around so, now Albert can help move logs around the next time he visits Lou (trancksntreadslou) and Greg (RCLogger).:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr14XmWN7JM

Snochaser 11-19-2010 09:00 PM

Nice Scott. Now for more attachments huh? A log grapple broom or Fecon head? hmmmm

Ben

TheMachinist 11-19-2010 09:08 PM

Just watched the video. love the Quick change and the loader seems to have lots of power. I can't wait to see Alberts when it arrives.

SmallHaul 11-19-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snochaser (Post 11549)
Nice Scott. Now for more attachments huh? A log grapple broom or Fecon head? hmmmm

Ben

Thanks Ben. Bruder sells the bucket by itself for less than $3. it would be fun to buy a couple to mess with and make some other attachments out of it.

aseejr 11-20-2010 12:10 AM

Sold again. Impressive.

td9clyde 11-20-2010 05:23 AM

a 4 in 1 bucket would be cool but kinda hard then you could bit stuff to pick it up or you could use it to gradeout the sand or rubber chips

SmallHaul 11-22-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseejr (Post 11559)
Sold again. Impressive.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by td9clyde (Post 11563)
a 4 in 1 bucket would be cool but kinda hard then you could bit stuff to pick it up or you could use it to gradeout the sand or rubber chips

That would be cool but, I think it would be very bulky to add another servo to move it.

Well, the first production unit is finished (Aseejr's Loader:-)

Here is a video of it to show the finished product and how the radio is set up. The steer & drive are on the right, lift & curl on the left. If your radio has a spring loaded center on the throttle you could run the tracks with the left stick. But, without a spring loaded center it would probably be hard to find the center/neutral to stop the loader from creeping when you want to stop moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y0kSpmeoxk

I am starting on Doug's (Firefighter30) next:)

9W Monighan 11-22-2010 02:52 PM

I love it!
But I can't here anything, I don't have speakers here at work. My new monitor didn't have them built in .

Tamiya Cowboy 11-22-2010 08:39 PM

Scott

You are amazing at building these conversions it so great watching you convert these you have some dang good skills..

woodhog 11-22-2010 08:54 PM

loader looks great .what will conversion price be?:cool:

SmallHaul 11-22-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy (Post 11724)
Scott

You are amazing at building these conversions it so great watching you convert these you have some dang good skills..

Thank you very much Paul.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodhog (Post 11729)
loader looks great .what will conversion price be?:cool:

Thanks. I'll shoot You a PM.

dirtpusher9 11-22-2010 09:37 PM

Scott, when I try to watch your videos it pulls up my(dirtpusher9) videos, not sure whats going on.

ihbuilder 11-22-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 (Post 11743)
Scott, when I try to watch your videos it pulls up my(dirtpusher9) videos, not sure whats going on.

yea me too but just this 1 :confused:

bring it up here and we'll how it does in my shop :p you'll need a grapple bucket on it though :D