RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Get it out of your system! HERE! (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Age limit (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=206)

Cossett 08-20-2010 11:12 PM

Age limit

Hi all,

Someone brought up the subject of "there should be an Age limit" the funniest part about that is there are a lot of young girls/guy that build great models of all shapes and sizes, and are wanting to start getting into the hobby, or their parents build them.

When you put an age limit on it you will discourage potential talent to a different hobby or worse, and all because that some people think they are too young.

It is also very easy to put an older age in, to get on the forum.

It's the same as saying trucks shouldn't be on the road and freight should go by rail argument, which we have heard so many times.

Sorry all for that rant I needed to get that of my chest.

Cheers Cossett

Tamiya Cowboy 08-20-2010 11:21 PM

Re: Age limit

I agree I have a boy that is 11 and loves to build i would hate to tell him he is not old enuff. But on the flip side we need to police the ones under at least like 14 to keep them in check.

rcpuller 08-21-2010 04:19 AM

age shouldnt be the end all for membership. after all there are 14 year olds that act more mature than some 40 year olds

Roadmasters 08-22-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy (Post 1939)
I agree I have a boy that is 11 and loves to build i would hate to tell him he is not old enuff. But on the flip side we need to police the ones under at least like 14 to keep them in check.

Ur hilarious Paul!!!

rcguyfarms 08-22-2010 06:47 PM

No good for u, probie

CorbettTrailers 08-22-2010 06:59 PM

I feel there should be no age limit. If a ten year old is smart enough to register here then he deserves to become a member. If they become a problem or they show to be immature, then that kid can be warned and delt with accordingly, as with all members. Unless there is some hidden content I'm missing.
I was told before this is a family based hobby. Can't remember how many children I saw at Jersey and Indy. Next thing you know they'll be there right with us with freshly built trucks with their mom's and dad's. At the meet's, each family can be dealt with according to a child's age. And be restricted of driving due to the price of our build's and their inexperience.
Thanks,
John Corbett

Tamiya Cowboy 08-22-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadmasters (Post 2224)
Ur hilarious Paul!!!

LOL you like that..That was for you just seeing if you are doing your job reading the threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcguyfarms (Post 2242)
No good for u, probie

Hey thanks for coming to the board Scott.

Roadmasters 08-23-2010 10:02 AM

John, I agree about the driving for kids, but I think we have to put a stop to kids running around the city at our meets with bruder trucks, it's caused more than 1 accident, I don't mind them running the sandmaster, or loading flatbeds on the loading dock. But when they start getting in the way, or making it unsafe to drive trucks around that's what annoys me.

CorbettTrailers 08-23-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadmasters (Post 2424)
John, I agree about the driving for kids, but I think we have to put a stop to kids running around the city at our meets with bruder trucks, it's caused more than 1 accident, I don't mind them running the sandmaster, or loading flatbeds on the loading dock. But when they start getting in the way, or making it unsafe to drive trucks around that's what annoys me.

Roger That!

Bigrigger 08-24-2010 11:30 AM

Well! Sorrrrrrrrry! Where I come from we drive on the other side of the road! And besides, he should have heard me honking!:D LOL

Just kidding! I think an age limit might be a good idea at a meet( if I ever went to one:mad:) for driving on the roads. But, I think there shouldn't be one on the Forum.:)

-Trucker:cool:

Roadmasters 08-24-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trucker (Post 2735)

Just kidding! I think an age limit might be a good idea at a meet( if I ever went to one:mad:) for driving on the roads.
:

I wouldn't just put an age limit on it and say "your not 10 so you can't drive", I would say "well, you may only be 8 but let's see how you can drive" and then give them a road test, if they pass they can play, if they fail then they can't. Then it would be fair.

ihbuilder 08-24-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadmasters (Post 2911)
I wouldn't just put an age limit on it and say "your not 10 so you can't drive", I would say "well, you may only be 8 but let's see how you can drive" and then give them a road test, if they pass they can play, if they fail then they can't. Then it would be fair.

who's truck for the road test ?:rolleyes: aint driven non a my trucks. they might hurt them selves LOL

Roadmasters 08-25-2010 12:03 AM

Well I'm assuming that if they show up and want to drive they brought their own truck

fhhhstix 08-25-2010 07:43 PM

Wow probie does that mean you are going to drive yours more! :p :D LOL

Roadmasters 08-25-2010 08:02 PM

Haha

rcguyfarms 08-25-2010 09:44 PM

everyone should be included in the driver test, some people still don't know how to drive without standing in the road.

CorbettTrailers 08-25-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcguyfarms (Post 3079)
everyone should be included in the driver test, some people still don't know how to drive without standing in the road.

Yea, I myself ran into quite a few shoes and boots. Drivers test should be mandatory for 2011.

ihbuilder 08-25-2010 11:42 PM

thats okay I'll just run my paystar when that hits the toes they'll move :D

firefighter30 08-26-2010 04:37 PM

not sure age is a factor we have a young boy at our meets in brookville that can drive better than a lot of us.

Thorsteenster 08-27-2010 10:38 AM

well, I've never seen anything but pictures from events, so after reading this I spent a few minutes on YouTube. All I can say is WOW, the videos really make me want to get one built! Way better than pictures.

I can definitely understand now wanting proper driving, especially after seeing some of the custom trucks on here.
I don't like an age limit per say, but some demonstrated skills are a must. But perhaps for young uns EPA can be throttled down or trans stays in 1st to at least limit collisions to the low speed variety.