RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tamiya box (freight) trailer (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=11965)

tamiya fan 10-03-2016 09:37 PM

Tamiya box (freight) trailer

Has any one else noticed that Tamiya discontinued their Box (Freight) Trailer? I wonder why? It had to be a good seller! Maybe a new and improved one will come out? Both Tamiya and Tower state this.

Just thought I would spread the word. Any one have any insight?

Just_Build_It 10-04-2016 12:01 AM

Re: Tamiya box (freight) trailer

I noticed that last night. I'm hoping tamiya will come out with a newer improved model that's not a 3axle Euro style trailer even though I do like it for Euro trucks. I would also like to know if anyone has any ideas to what might be in the making for a possible replacement.

Cossett 10-04-2016 01:13 AM

That old news as it was talked about in general discusion not long ago

Kaan 10-04-2016 02:29 AM

I think tamiya will come out with a new trailer, wish they make new tanker trailer.

Cossett 10-04-2016 02:35 AM

They have a new tanker but different signage as the license on the shell expired

Kaan 10-04-2016 02:54 AM

Yea, i think just the signage is different, same size everything. Hoping something like longer, 3 axles etc

Radio Control Trucker 10-05-2016 05:26 PM

I spoke with Joe Anderson @ Tamiya-America last week. He said that Tamiya maybe getting prepared to bring out a 53' American Dry Van, more to scale than the 40' Box Trailer that has been discontinued. It should be approx. 46' long and will most likely require similar building techniques as the Reefer Trailer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaan (Post 149221)
Yea, i think just the signage is different, same size everything. Hoping something like longer, 3 axles etc

No offense Kaan, but I really hope they do NOT use 3 axles on the new trailer units. We don't use them here in the U.S. very often and in my opinion they look awful; would just be a waste of money for unwanted product!

Kaan 10-05-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio Control Trucker (Post 149274)
I spoke with Joe Anderson @ Tamiya-America last week. He said that Tamiya maybe getting prepared to bring out a 53' American Dry Van, more to scale than the 40' Box Trailer that has been discontinued. It should be approx. 46' long and will most likely require similar building techniques as the Reefer Trailer.

No offense Kaan, but I really hope they do NOT use 3 axles on the new trailer units. We don't use them here in the U.S. very often and in my opinion they look awful; would just be a waste of money for unwanted product!

I don't know why but I kinda like it with 3 axles. As you know also USA is not the only market for Tamiya even thought it's probably the biggest market for them.

tc1cat 10-05-2016 10:20 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but the US is about the smallest market for Tamiya. That is why most of the newer offerings are European based.

Kaan 10-05-2016 11:07 PM

Wow didnt know that, thiught opposite.

Cossett 10-05-2016 11:13 PM

If the "new longer one" came with a 3rd alxe / guards it would give people more options, along with making the sides one peice and if the customer wants it shorter they can trim it to size or remove a axle and use a dual axle fender, along with keeping the dual tyres / wheels.......

Cheers Tracy

Howie 10-06-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cossett (Post 149212)
That old news as it was talked about in general discusion not long ago

Yes you are right, I was the one who posted about it being discontinued. Time for something new and exciting!!

gmailol 10-11-2016 04:59 PM

I haven't heard about it till now...

gooba 12-16-2016 11:35 PM

No offense Kaan, but I really hope they do NOT use 3 axles on the new trailer units. We don't use them here in the U.S. very often and in my opinion they look awful; would just be a waste of money for unwanted product![/QUOTE]

you apparently don't get to the upper Midwest very much. Tank,grain,and dump trailers here are almost all 3 axles if not 4. a lot of tractors are also going to 3 axles as legal weight during harvest is 98,000. extra axles mean less abuse on the unit with all the extra weight

tamiya fan 12-28-2017 08:17 PM

I just noticed the freight trailer being offered on Ebay for "about" regular price. Looked at Tamiya and it doesn't say discontinued any more and has a price. Tower still says discontinued? I bought one on Ebay, price like I said not to bad. (was before I noticed the other details mentioned above) Maybe it's back?

Does any one know any thing?

ittigger 03-08-2018 01:21 PM

A scale 53' American trailer would be nice.

skeeter 03-08-2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gooba (Post 151120)

you apparently don't get to the upper Midwest very much. Tank,grain,and dump trailers here are almost all 3 axles if not 4. a lot of tractors are also going to 3 axles as legal weight during harvest is 98,000. extra axles mean less abuse on the unit with all the extra weight[/QUOTE]

Even in Washington state the new equipment is trending towards more axle underneath. Almost ALL of the new trailers have 3, or 4 axles underneath them. You can't hardly find a new tractor that DOESN'T have the standard twin drive & one or more added drop axles underneath it.

Zabco 03-08-2018 07:59 PM

Visit Michigan. I always wanted to have the tire concession for that state. Five to seven axles per trailer is pretty much the norm there.