RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Get it out of your system! HERE! (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   My Wife (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=10034)

bigford 02-11-2015 05:59 PM

My Wife

So I've been eyeballing the china kat excavator for a while now!!
and with out a butt load of cash on hand to spend on it I resorted to
doing what I do best to make CASH MONEY.. I drive a truck.

Well living in New York we get SNOW not like you guys in Canada:eek:
the past 3 snows I was able to bang out a grand @ 18 hrs per shift in a
w900 dump truck (pics to follow) well I got my tax money today so
I plopped online and bought the KAT :bounce:
The first thing out of her mouth is you spent HOW much on WHAT:cop:
well honey I spent $500.00 on your valentine gift 3 days ago but that's OK
(she already got the rings and went to get them sized) Oh that's different
she tells me.. Needless to say I gave her the $1000.00 to put back into the bank. where is the other $800.00 she barked:eek:

god forbid we guys get to have fun :lol:

ihbuilder 02-11-2015 06:43 PM

Re: My Wife

this is the classic I've heard all my life from guys that worked for my dad and customers :lol: Thats why I was determined not to get married till I meet my wife . She buys the expensive stuff for me :D

Lil Giants 02-11-2015 07:14 PM

Yep! Happy life - no wife. :)

bigford 02-11-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 123015)

your preaching to the choir!!

up9018 02-11-2015 07:40 PM

No wife = doing your own laundry, cooking and cleaning :D

Be extra nice and she will forgive you.....Hopefully

RCP57 02-11-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihbuilder (Post 123011)
this is the classic I've heard all my life from guys that worked for my dad and customers :lol: Thats why I was determined not to get married till I meet my wife . She buys the expensive stuff for me :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 123015)

I took option "A" of these two but option "B" would have been my next choice!lol My wife and I always make big purchase decisions together but she rarely says no to anything I want to buy that's within reason. If she told me no in this situation I would probably consider going back online to order a new wife!:eek:

Joe25 02-11-2015 07:59 PM

I got lucky I guess. We're short on funds cause both in school and have enough kids to annoy the school district until I die. But she keeps asking me if I've saved enough to buy my truck lol, even been kicking her change toward me at the end of the month... :bounce: now if I could get the kids to quit growing I could quit robbin my RC fund :rolleyes:

BRICKNICK 02-11-2015 08:04 PM

My wife is very understanding and quiet when it comes to our money. She's out of work currently since she's in school, but Even when she was working she lets me purchase whatever I want within reason. And even if it is an expensive purchase like a new truck kit or something that I'm into she tells me "it's your money hun and you deserve it, you never spend your money on you". Which really means a lot considering were so poor we can't finance a ham sandwich.

Joe25 02-11-2015 11:42 PM

:lol: love the ham sandwich thing, wife asked what was wrong cause I burst out laughing which isn't like me at all

chris deacon 02-12-2015 01:13 AM

My wife dont ask how much it costs and i dont tell her how much it costs. Its like a weird understanding we have but have never spoke about lol

Radio Control Trucker 02-12-2015 06:41 AM

I've always followed my uncles example when it came to women and money. He wanted a new tractor one day, so he went down to the dealer and purchased one. After he got it home and put in the barn, his wife came home from a day at the mall and asked him if that was a new tractor she saw out in the barn.

He said, "Yes, it is."

To which she asked, "Didn't you think we should have talked about it first?"

"I thought I'd just save from having one argument.", he replied.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- RCT

Jakyat 02-12-2015 10:39 AM

My wife; first I'd like to say "GREAT THREAD TOPIC". I can see this one getting lots of input.
I am a newbie to the hobby and to this forum. When I started my first build, she really had no interest. The only time i got her attention was when i made big purchases ($500.00 and up) Now,the build nearing the end and it looks like a real truck, it is drawing a lot of attention and interest from buddies, fellow workers and fellow hobbiests. Now she thinks its cool. Now she is also interested and supports my hobby. i don't rib her about the candles she buys, the time or money she invests in her nails and scrapbooking and she doesn't question the time i spend sitting in the garage working on my truck!!

Jakyat 02-12-2015 10:40 AM

Its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!!!

bigford 02-12-2015 11:14 AM

i told her exclusive r/c built that killer lowboy and the bruder 320
looked silly on the deck.

Cooper 02-12-2015 11:27 AM

You got one of them too huuu, a happiness vampire that is!! Lol !

(P.s. I love you very much honey but sometimes you have the ability to drain all the happiness I have ) lol!!!!

Cooper 02-12-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakyat (Post 123058)
Its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!!!

Lol!! Yeah last time I went that way-- bought a dump box from reg and ended up with a French bulldog!!! I hate it but it was "you spent how much? Well I'm getting a dog then!!"

Cooper 02-12-2015 11:42 AM

Oh and one more as I'm thinking, when a woman says "it's the thought that counts" it really means I don't like it and I wanted that other thing. I know because I tried using the "I thought about it" as a birthday present. I told her I thought about getting you that , but didn't, instead I bought a pump and valve from premacon. But honey I honestly thought about something for you!!!

Yeah, was not a good night then as I was banished to the living room to think about what I had done:(. Like an adult time out- not allowed in the garage for a whole night!!! Punishment enough- I will never "think "about getting her something again:)

Mikem 02-12-2015 12:16 PM

But Cooper you did bring a squirrel to the family, doesn't that count for something ? Mike

bigford 02-12-2015 12:27 PM

the wife would have been cool with a great dane

Cooper 02-12-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigford (Post 123066)
the wife would have been cool with a great dane

Well what ya waiting for?? Tell her you thought about it!!:bounce::lol::lol::lol: