RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Highway Thru **** (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=12173)

low&slow 12-28-2016 10:49 PM

Highway Thru ****

I am sure someone has posted on here before but Netflix has a great series (from 2012-2016) on a Canadian heavy rescue company Jamie Davis Heavy Rescue the series is called Highway Thru ****. It is a blast to watch and reminds me of the O'Hare Towing Service show on SPEED a few years back.

Worth checking out for anyone on this board.

-Josh

Lil Giants 12-29-2016 12:30 AM

Re: Highway Thru ****

It's been on cdn history channel for several yrs, pretty good to watch most of the time, but sadly as with many reality tv programs, drama gets to be a bit much in some episodes.

A new series currently being advertised that is starting in January is Heavy Rescue: 401; which will be some (or many) towing companies in Ontario.

Cossett 12-29-2016 01:32 AM

Highway thur **** was good but I reset my tv and the channels had changed there position on my menu and I missed the last 2 episode in there latest series

Cheers Tracy

egronvold 12-29-2016 02:07 AM

They have a similar program in Norway as well. But all of these programs have one big issue; if you get to work, you could die... Seems be the theme with all shows related to big rigs; even the smallest task involves extreme danger. Hard to understand that there's somebody left in the trade at all ;)

frizzen 12-29-2016 02:26 AM

Highway through he'll is pretty decent, but the drama gets REALLY old fast. I've only seen the 3 seasons on netflix, but it's worth a watch.

I really like the cg accident reconstruction they do to show how the wreck got there. Then the drivers and swampers start getting into the physics of what they're doing, helps erase some of that pointless drama.
Blah blah blah, jamies kid's worthless, this dudes old, that guy misses his family, this pos doesn't get along with that jerk...

Cossett 12-29-2016 02:50 AM

Wonder what the next one will be same story line with the same drama and similar anamation, just like all the truck shows on tv
At least the wrecker ones are better to watch than the old Canadian house movers with the crappy anamation that was the same every episode.........
Or the one that had subbies in it tring to bet there deadline and penalties...

Cheers Tracy

Berman 01-02-2017 03:21 AM

Its on Sunday arvos here after the motorsport, it's ok, more interested in the gear than anything. Doesnt seem as repetitive as IRT with the whiny old dude dressed as a 14yo rapper.

The best is Outback Truckers...

Izzy 01-04-2017 09:29 PM

I've watched the series on Netflix. Like it. Hate the drama though.

Kausekaos 01-06-2017 02:17 PM

Loading Episode 1