RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bruder Delta tracked loader (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=847)

TheMachinist 01-31-2011 11:31 AM

Re: Bruder Delta tracked loader

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmallHaul (Post 17822)
Oh...I see. Albert, I knew you were a good guy from communicating with you but, I didn't realize you were one of the best guys in the hobby leaving your loader at the show for others to run & enjoy!:D

My Bad :o
I should have mentioned that so there wasn't any confusion and yes Albert is one of the best guys I've met as well. This hobby seems to be full of great people and I look forward to meeting more in person.

Jordy

SmallHaul 03-28-2011 11:52 AM

I made up a grapple attachment. Loading pipe onto a Tamiya trailer. I tried to keep it light, strong and simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lWtdvY0QQM

steamer 03-28-2011 12:12 PM

Scott. Very cool and a nice addition to the build. Anything else your going to try.
Rob

SmallHaul 03-28-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamer (Post 23543)
Scott. Very cool and a nice addition to the build. Anything else your going to try.
Rob

Thanks Rob.

One of my customers asked me to make the grapple actually work so, I made it for Him. He also wants one with servo control that I might make in a few months when he is ready. It will take some time to make and I'll need the loader to run the wiring, make mounts, arm for grapple etc.. and set it up. I might do motorized forks and maybe a powered auger attachment in the future as well (more customer ideas).

woodhog 03-28-2011 06:42 PM

scott thats just plain ol cool this thing has amazed me from thr beginning hope with your info to get mine goin soon my 3 yr old is eat up with loaders hes gonna tripp out:cool:

SmallHaul 03-28-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodhog (Post 23574)
scott thats just plain ol cool this thing has amazed me from thr beginning hope with your info to get mine goin soon my 3 yr old is eat up with loaders hes gonna tripp out:cool:

Thanks Woodhog.

This is the final assembly that I'll ship out to him tomorrow.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/IMG_1816.jpg

doodlebug 03-28-2011 08:51 PM

Hey Scott, very clever engineering!
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.

YoungGunz 08-30-2011 09:44 PM

WOW this is very cool!!! P/m with details on the build time and price i might be interested in one! Thanks

-J.D.

SmallHaul 08-31-2011 07:59 AM

J.D., PM sent Thanks.

Smokin Joe 09-19-2011 04:54 PM

I'm converting a Bruder also. Would you please post the pics of the aluminum
hubs? Thanks, Joe

SmallHaul 09-19-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Joe (Post 36493)
I'm converting a Bruder also. Would you please post the pics of the aluminum
hubs? Thanks, Joe

Joe, I can't find any pics of the beefier ones that I make now but, these are my prototype hubs that are on my prototype loader still. Just make the hub larger where the screws are so that you can make the 4-40 screws tight without worrying about striping out the aluminum threads. I also put flat spots on the axle where the screws hit.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...n/IMG_0066.jpg

YoungGunz 09-22-2011 09:27 AM

Well i got my loader just a few days ago, this little guy can pack a punch and i finally found some time to take some pictures and some videos. I couldn't find the pictures i took but i figured you guys wouldn't mind watching a video :p

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/...DSCN2243-1.jpg

6wheelking 12-01-2011 07:26 PM

dont really know what im doing but im gonna take a shot at building one of these My bruder and a few of the parts are on the way, Sorry smallhaul I just had to see if i had the talent you have

SmallHaul 12-02-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6wheelking (Post 41920)
dont really know what im doing but im gonna take a shot at building one of these My bruder and a few of the parts are on the way, Sorry smallhaul I just had to see if i had the talent you have

Just take your time on each step when you build it. They are a lot of fun to operate. Good luck.

Lars S 12-02-2011 06:44 PM

WoW!:cool: You are an artist at building these conversions! Can you PM me an estimate RTR?:)

SmallHaul 12-02-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lars S (Post 41982)
WoW!:cool: You are an artist at building these conversions! Can you PM me an estimate RTR?:)

Thanks Lars, PM sent.

69tony12 12-23-2011 07:10 PM

These look awesome, all your builds are amazing, also love the tonka dump truck one, would really like to see your builds but im in the wrong side of the ocean :D:D will pm you with a few questions Thnks

caterpillar 03-29-2012 12:22 AM

Hi SmallHaul,
I am new rc land and loving your bruder conversion guide! Excellent work. I will give it a try myself. In case I fail, I guess you are still selling the RTR model, right? Any indication of the price?
Btw which motors do you use from professor motor?

SmallHaul 03-29-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69tony12 (Post 43861)
These look awesome, all your builds are amazing, also love the tonka dump truck one, would really like to see your builds but im in the wrong side of the ocean :D:D will pm you with a few questions Thnks

Thank you very much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by caterpillar (Post 53026)
Hi SmallHaul,
I am new rc land and loving your bruder conversion guide! Excellent work. I will give it a try myself. In case I fail, I guess you are still selling the RTR model, right? Any indication of the price?
Btw which motors do you use from professor motor?

I'll shoot you a PM. I use 35,000 @ 12v slot car motors because you only feed them 7.2 volts. I don't remember motor name I'll look it up.

caterpillar 04-02-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmallHaul (Post 53030)
Thank you very much.

I'll shoot you a PM. I use 35,000 @ 12v slot car motors because you only feed them 7.2 volts. I don't remember motor name I'll look it up.

I am about to order my parts as well. Just a little lost with the motors from professor motor. Not a lot of information on the site to make sure I got the right size and voltage for the motors. Do you have a type nr?