RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Remembering the Old Masters (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=13847)

Oldr/cguy1955 05-02-2021 03:00 PM

Remembering the Old Masters

I was a member of this group many years ago, I was into the Construction part of r/c , and I was a friend of FreddyGearDrive, he was a master builder , he could build dump boxes for r/c trucks that were so authentic, and realistic, you would swear they were the real thing, I always wondered how his brain could have so much knowledge, but , I really miss him, and his creations. I wish I could have had , just a small part of his visions, when Freddy passed, it was a big shock to a lot of us, and have had a great loss of a master builder, I just dropped out of the r/c for about 12 years, and now just getting back into the r/c again, forgot all my screen name , and my old password on here, so now starting over, it’s great to be back, glad this group is still here, thanks for allowing me back, oh I just purchased my first excavator, lol well ..... it’s a start, thanks for listening to my post

skeeter 05-02-2021 04:11 PM

Re: Remembering the Old Masters

I think we all go through phases where life takes us away from thi hobby for a bit, but we all usually find our way back to it! I know having just lost the lease on the place I was at, It'll be a few years before I get back in to much RC stuff. HOPEFULLY within 2-3 years I'll be back at it again!

jerry56 05-02-2021 07:54 PM

glad to have you back.... I just started in the hobby and look forward to the experience you bring back...
Skeeter I hope things work out for you quicker than that....don't stay completely gone....

frizzen 05-02-2021 07:55 PM

Welcome back into things. Life is an interesting journey

I watched a lot of Freddies build threads while he was still over on Scale4x4. I know a few of his trucks are still being traded around occasionally.

Can't wait to see what kinda stuff you've got plans for!

wedicotrucker 03-18-2024 04:19 PM

I've been away from the hobby as well.
Now that my nephews have been wanting to drive my trucks, now that they're older I've been letting them run what they want. I've also started my collection of construction equipment as well. It's amazing what they've come up with in the last couple years, and how small and compact things have gotten. My new favorite is my skidsteer. It's like a swis army knife of rc equipment. I've got a lot of different attachments for it and a new one should be delivered today.
This past Saturday I picked up a lesu 850k bulldozer.

Welcome back to the hobby.