RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bucyrus Erie 40H Excavator 1:14 (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=11516)

Machfab 12-19-2018 05:23 PM

Re: Bucyrus Erie 40H Excavator 1:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Giants (Post 165419)
You got it working good job :cool:

Swing is pretty slow, what rpm did you use there?

Hydraulic speed seems ok... to help preserve battery time, radio mix valves to cylinder chs so pump motor slows to 20% idle speedwith no stick no movement. With these rather large outrunner brushless motors on the hyd pump, there's certain amount of stall amperage to start them, so always have pump motor turning so you don't cook your esc.

The stick cyl, at the back of cyl, was the pin mount machined into the boom? ...if you could your stick cyl back about an inch, get your stick to fully stretch out.

It's looking good, keep at it.

I will have to learn channel mixing as I have never done it.
I am using a Spektrum 8 channel radio.
Swing motor is a 19 RPM.
Have a 34 RPM i am going to try.
Stick cylinder mount was machined into the boom, I might be able to play with cylinder length a bit.
Thanks for the compliment!

Lil Giants 01-02-2019 01:40 AM

Re: Bucyrus Erie 40H Excavator 1:14

Spektrum is quite easy to program...
1st entry is master - enter #ch on boom valve, stick valve or bucket valve
2nd entry is slave - the #ch your pump esc is connected to
next two entries is + - 100% values and their order will depend how the pump is wired so pump turns correct direction. If it seems pump is turning backwards, you have no pressure, reverse the order of values.

That's it. The other values below can be used for Dual Rates for various styles of digging. I experiment with different values on swing (rudder ch) to either it takes a lot of stick movement for slow swing speed or a flick of the assigned dual rates switch to change swing speed faster with very little stick movement on tx... something for you to tinker with at a later date.

I have my pump on 3pos switch, down is off, middle is about 30% engine speed, up is full speed. You could be using the dial switch on your DX8 Aux3ch. With these large outrunner brushless motors there's a small amount of stall amperage used to start every time & if you allow your pump motor to start/stop continually while using it on "MIX", it will cook your esc... some esc's have built in thermal protection which will shut off esc till it cools enough, then functions again. Many Chinese esc's don't have thermal protection & burn out - maybe even catch fire. So it's good to have your pump motor always turning, it just doesn't have to be full speed all the time.

I think the stroke on your stick cyl is about right, though it doesn't need to curl so far under the boom... I'd cut the rear mount off & make a new one... machine a rectangular box into boom & make a new mount to fit down into it, two 3mm should keep it place with no side load.