RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   So... (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=13824)

Joe25 03-12-2021 09:17 PM

So...

I just made a post in a fb group about this forum, trying to drive some hits... also bought some rims from RCP57 today and as I remember he was excellent to deal with

frizzen 03-15-2021 09:14 AM

Re: So...

Good to see you again joe. Thanks for trying to drive some more people back this way.

I haven't done work with him, but i know all the RCP stuff i've seen has looked great

jerry56 03-15-2021 03:38 PM

It would be nice to see the site more active.

egronvold 03-17-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry56 (Post 170402)
It would be nice to see the site more active.

It would be great, but it’s way to cumbersome to use compared to FB and Instagram.

jerry56 03-17-2021 04:24 PM

I guess.... I see your point...
I spent some time a a webmaster for a retail site so using this site is pretty simple in comparison... I guess it's just what your used to..
But it does strike me funny that here we have a group of hobbyists that would spend a month carving a 1/14 scale door handle out of a block of aluminum just to get it perfect, but then find posting pictures of it here to time consuming....

Wombii 03-17-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry56 (Post 170415)
But it does strike me funny that here we have a group of hobbyists that would spend a month carving a 1/14 scale door handle out of a block of aluminum just to get it perfect, but then find posting pictures of it here to time consuming....

Haha! You make a good point. Fighting with tools is more fun than fighting with a computer though.

jerry56 03-18-2021 03:45 PM

LOL.... Says the Arduino guru... ;) I know you don't mind computer stuff...

trilliwilli 03-19-2021 03:10 AM

Facebook is more a trending topic place then a discussion place. Try to find one complete buildthread from lets say two years ago with a decent discription from the builder.
And when someone asks a question, a decent answer to it.

I wish you good luck. Placing photos is easy, everything else is not. A forum is like an encyclopedia, Facebook like a newspaper.
One is on your bookshelf for ever, the other in the wastebin the next day.

Just my 2 cents.

jerry56 03-19-2021 03:59 PM

Bingo... the most important point...

But.... to each his own... live and let live.... FaceB and forum posters can all coexist and get along ...

Lil Giants 03-19-2021 09:35 PM

The facebook crowd is 98% RTR china, they don't build anything, they just fix the problems that come up... not much for new ideas to see there.