RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Highway Trucks and Trailers (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Prepping for winter... (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=3114)

coligny 11-02-2011 06:51 AM

Prepping for winter...

Take hours to build (still need one pair for the King Hauler).

A pita to put on...

But looks quite good...

http://adarve.free.fr/rctruck/-1.jpg

http://adarve.free.fr/rctruck/-2.jpg

Ice and snow chains...

FreddyGearDrive 11-02-2011 07:00 AM

Re: Prepping for winter...

Looks good!
Are those links welded?
They kinda look like jewelry chains.
If they are,ain't your ole-lady gunna kill you when she see's you had your meat hooks in her jewelry box?:eek:
FGD :D

coligny 11-02-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddyGearDrive (Post 39468)
Looks good!
Are those links welded?
They kinda look like jewelry chains.
If they are,ain't your ole-lady gunna kill you when she see's you had your meat hooks in her jewelry box?:eek:
FGD :D

The links are held with 3 mm diameter keyholder style loop rings (sort of spring steel).
Chains are hardware store chromed chains (restrain for furniture doors/ drawers). Maybe S.M. undergarment style but definately not necklace grade.
Hooks are 100Yens shop DIY necklace hooks. Remaining from my steampunk wannabee days... Before the hipsters start running the asylum...

Just need some snow... which is not exactly common where I live...

IceDog 11-03-2011 10:53 AM

Great job on the chains m8 :D looks awsome :D

BRICKNICK 11-03-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coligny (Post 39473)
The links are held with 3 mm diameter keyholder style loop rings (sort of spring steel).
Chains are hardware store chromed chains (restrain for furniture doors/ drawers). Maybe S.M. undergarment style but definately not necklace grade.
Hooks are 100Yens shop DIY necklace hooks. Remaining from my steampunk wannabee days... Before the hipsters start running the asylum...

Just need some snow... which is not exactly common where I live...

Those chains look great nice job. If you dont mind me asking, what did you make during your steam punk days? I'm a little intrigued by the whole steam punk and diesel punk stuff myself.

Claus 11-03-2011 01:08 PM

Hey Fred, I think mine would freak when she seen it driving across the wood floors!

FreddyGearDrive 11-03-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus (Post 39537)
Hey Fred, I think mine would freak when she seen it driving across the wood floors!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm not aloud to do any vids in the kitchen anymore.:confused:
FGD

doodlebug 11-03-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddyGearDrive (Post 39574)
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm not aloud to do any vids in the kitchen anymore.:confused:
FGD

Dang the luck!

Cheer's, Neil.

coligny 11-04-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRICKNICK (Post 39535)
Those chains look great nice job. If you dont mind me asking, what did you make during your steam punk days? I'm a little intrigued by the whole steam punk and diesel punk stuff myself.

Thanks for the nice comments folks...

/threadjack on... Let say that 4-5 years ago it was more aboot steam and Victorian aesthetic than 'punk'. So for me, when building few things I was more inclined to use carved wood with apparent nails, screw and corner made of brass rather than go utilitarian with riveted aluminum. I still have a lab power supply enclosed in a former japanese tea ceremony set that I would call... fragile... Then... the punk side took over... places like brassgoogles became increasingly... frustrating... filled more with drama queens, attention ***** and scammers rather than craftsmen... so it was over for me... still dearly love Victorian style and furnitures... But I stay as far as possible from any community of interest on this topic...

BRICKNICK 11-06-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coligny (Post 39652)
Thanks for the nice comments folks...

/threadjack on... Let say that 4-5 years ago it was more aboot steam and Victorian aesthetic than 'punk'. So for me, when building few things I was more inclined to use carved wood with apparent nails, screw and corner made of brass rather than go utilitarian with riveted aluminum. I still have a lab power supply enclosed in a former japanese tea ceremony set that I would call... fragile... Then... the punk side took over... places like brassgoogles became increasingly... frustrating... filled more with drama queens, attention ***** and scammers rather than craftsmen... so it was over for me... still dearly love Victorian style and furnitures... But I stay as far as possible from any community of interest on this topic...

I hear you, im just interested in the topic. Perfect examples to me are very easily found in the movies Wild Wild West and especially The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I have googled some images a few times, and thats the depth of my research LOL.

Claus 11-06-2011 09:16 AM

Would the flying steam locomotive at the end of Back To The Future III be the kind of stuff you guys are talking about?

BRICKNICK 11-06-2011 04:36 PM

Kinda but not exactly, a better example would be the car in the movie League of extraordinary gentlemen, or Captain Nemos nautilus in that movie. Steam punk is a fictional time period where things were steam powerd but highly mechanically advanced. Like all of Artimus Gordons contraptions in the movie Wild Wild West. Google image search steampunk or dieselpunk. Then wikipedia search it to better understand what it is. It's hard to explain it. But you'll know it when u see it.