RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Highway Trucks and Trailers (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   im the proud new owner of a scale 53' spread axel flatbed (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=5291)

BRICKNICK 10-10-2012 09:50 PM

im the proud new owner of a scale 53' spread axel flatbed

I got this trailer off of evil bay. I got it for a decent price, plus he gave me tons of hop ups and goodies with it. Take a look at it. The only thing I don't like is how every trailer with these trucks sits way to hi over the tandems and way to hi above it own axels. What do you guys think? http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...s/IMAG1460.jpg
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...9917207341.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...s/IMAG1461.jpg

bigford 10-10-2012 09:54 PM

Re: im the proud new owner of a scale 53' spread axel flatbed

just remember to check the height of your load 13'6'' is max height
that globe could be in trouble.....

trailer looks real nice

sandfarmer 10-10-2012 10:19 PM

I think you got my trailer LOL! I forgot about it and let it get by me without bidding, I bought his truck, should be here tomorrow and now I have nothing to pull!

BRICKNICK 10-10-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandfarmer (Post 67138)
I think you got my trailer LOL! I forgot about it and let it get by me without bidding, I bought his truck, should be here tomorrow and now I have nothing to pull!

Well he had a nice trailer so if his tractor is as nice as the trailer I think you'll be very happy with it. I've had my trucks for about two Years and I just finally got a trailer LOL

sandfarmer 10-10-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRICKNICK (Post 67141)
Well he had a nice trailer so if his tractor is as nice as the trailer I think you'll be very happy with it.

Glad to hear it, anxious to see if it's as good as it looked in the pics. You give me hope!

JoseFL10-4 10-11-2012 12:57 AM

i bid on it, but well u got it LOOKS COOL enjoy

1985 kenworth 10-11-2012 01:03 AM

first of all you have a kenworth hooked to it so already you got my attention:p:p:p,second anything that looks more to scale is a bonus in my book:D:D and 3rd thanks for posting pics of the trailer and truck ...very nice:)

Diesel Demond 10-11-2012 10:36 AM

I wanted that white knight with stretch on there and that trailer. Nice trailer though. I wonder who bought that white knightb they got a good deal

Supermario 10-11-2012 04:17 PM

Where on evil bay to you guys find this cool stuff? What search keywords do you use?

Very nice trailer and I like the K dub and globy.

Mario

BRICKNICK 10-11-2012 05:11 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments fellas, now I'm just trying to see if anyone else has lowered there trailer to make it look more scale? I hate the gap these trucks have between the bottom of the trailer and the top of the tandems. Anyone else fix this issue before? And what did you do, I'm assuming you just remove some metal where the pin plate for the fifth wheel mounts?

Claus 10-11-2012 06:52 PM

I don't own a Tamiya but if you remove metal at the kingpin won't you have to lower the trailer tandems or your trailer will have rake in it?

AzItalian 10-11-2012 07:52 PM

very nice

Dairyland Trucker 10-11-2012 07:55 PM

I saw this trailer on ebay and thought it was a nice starter trailer for someone and it looks like it found a good home congradulations!!!!

BRICKNICK 10-11-2012 09:15 PM

Claus, I had planned on lowering the tandems and possibly making the spread larger since it isn't a scale 11 foot spread. Oztruck thanks for those tips. I'm gonna have to do that. Thanks dairyland trucker, I've seen a few of your toys also, quite impressive.

sandfarmer 10-11-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Demond (Post 67187)
I wonder who bought that white knightb they got a good deal

Guilty :D And you are guilty of not reading the whole thread I see....;):p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermario (Post 67198)
Where on evil bay to you guys find this cool stuff? What search keywords do you use?

Mario

The way I found it was search Tamiya then found one and clicked "view similar", that usually yields results but right now there isn't much on there really, I expected there to be much more to look at/choose from.

The used market as a whole is pretty slim I'm finding out. Since I missed that trailer now I'm scrambling to have something to pull, kicking myself over this screw up! I had it right there in my watch list but insist on waiting until the end to bid....:o

Diesel Demond 10-12-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandfarmer (Post 67138)

**** i didnt realize that was his truck also. your knight is killer wanna see more pics. i bid 610 then 620 and gave up or maybe 630 . i think you should also add mudflaps behind the 1st axle on trailer and some tool boxes with d.o.t tape. thats what i did to mine and it looks real good! To lower it thanx to oztruck looks like the way to go

BRICKNICK 10-12-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Demond (Post 67272)
**** i didnt realize that was his truck also. your knight is killer wanna see more pics. i bid 610 then 620 and gave up or maybe 630 . i think you should also add mudflaps behind the 1st axle on trailer and some tool boxes with d.o.t tape. thats what i did to mine and it looks real good! To lower it thanx to oztruck looks like the way to go

Yea I planned on adding a set of tool boxes, d.o.t tape, extra mudflaps, Russ trailer rear bumper with a spare tire rack.

Supermario 10-12-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandfarmer (Post 67234)
Guilty :D And you are guilty of not reading the whole thread I see....;):p

The way I found it was search Tamiya then found one and clicked "view similar", that usually yields results but right now there isn't much on there really, I expected there to be much more to look at/choose from.

The used market as a whole is pretty slim I'm finding out. Since I missed that trailer now I'm scrambling to have something to pull, kicking myself over this screw up! I had it right there in my watch list but insist on waiting until the end to bid....:o

Thanks for the info. I was starting to wonder if I was missing out on a RC pot of gold :eek: your right not much on there right now. I like to check it out every couple weeks just to see. It's all about right time, right place, right bid I guess.

Mario

sandfarmer 10-12-2012 08:20 PM

Truck got here today, man it's pretty! Little chrome off the bumper which he stated in the add and the exhaust stacks are fragile since they had been glued back on (also stated) but otherwise it is far nicer than I expected! Charging a battery now, gotta see it run...Bricknick my fifth wheel has marks that your trailer put there LOL!

sandfarmer 10-12-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Demond (Post 67272)
i didnt realize that was his truck also.

Well then that makes sense, I'm going to forget that ever happened then..:o

This is my first truck so I'm really excited, be glad when I move a lot of my racing stuff, wanna go after some construction equipment.:D