RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New kits (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=6485)

MoRockN 03-15-2013 09:29 PM

New kits

Ok, so I realized that I have issues, I am not a trucker or have ever sat or been around a semi truck, but I just can't get enough of these **** things, all I need is a Volvo globe trotter and I will have every semi truck that tamiya ever made. I'm thinking of a dumper for the MAN since I will not use any of the parts for my 8x8 as I originally planned, crane and flat bed for the Merc giga space, heavy hauler for the Knight hauler and a tanker Two axle water truck for the Aeromax. Obviously it will take sometime to fund all this but I hope I'm not going nuts here. What do you guys think?
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/...psa250ac71.jpg

Lil Giants 03-16-2013 01:36 AM

Re: New kits

Nah! you're well behind me & I'm perfectly sane, I tell you! :D

WhiteWolf McBride 03-16-2013 02:11 AM

HAH!

Says you, Joe! Digging out a basement with ~toys~? Bet the local psychiatric board would have ye in the nut house, on thorazine AND lithium in no time...

Then there is Willy - aka " Wild " Willy. Really nice guy, but some of the things he dreams up, oy! Wish I lived closer...

Then again, I've not exactly got me full set of marbles. My SO is a siamese cat (and a cranky one at 17+ years) and then we can look at the motor pool:

- 2x Leo 1A4's, Leo 2A6, Pershing, Sherman, M41 & Pz3 chassis, & a T55;
- two Dumas 4' boats, Lindberg PT, Graupner 'Carina' & Seadoo, & 'Shark' sub;
- ~five~ Kyosho JGSDF LAV's, one+extras Robbe 'Rodeo' 6x amphib, Robbe 8x8 'Panther' firetruck, King Hauler w/ extra Globeliner cab, flatbed trailer, & a Goldhofer on the way;
- oh, and my Blade mQx quadrotor drone!

WAY Too much... gotta take pics and liquidate!

WhiteWolf
- oh, ands take my meds... can't forget to take the meds!

buzzy16 03-16-2013 02:41 AM

makes me sad to way i'v only got 1 truck :(

although iv only been in the hobby about 6 months.

Mama Sue 03-16-2013 03:28 AM

My Grandmother used to say, jump in head first. Having so many will help if you get to a stale mate with one you can start on another. This is a great hobby, and great forum of people with tons of experience. You will do okay as long as you stick with your budget for each-just like everything else in life, lol. Don't forget to post pics as you go...Good luck with all your builds. :)

Susan

rcman 03-16-2013 04:41 AM

never can have to many trucks! I have 2 metallic knights, metallic scania, globe trotter, 2 globeliners, mercedes 1838, 2 mercedes 1850's, 2 king haulers and wanting more lol but I dont think I have a problem....lol

bigford 03-16-2013 04:48 AM

lets see
1 tractor
4 large tug boats
5 tanks
and well over 100 N scale loco
i feel ok

Supermario 03-16-2013 07:59 AM

Seems like this thread has turned into a support group moment:eek: lol
Hi. My name is Mario , and I have
2 king haulers ,
1 Wedico ,
1 574 loader,
2 dock forklifts
6 trailers. ( flatbed,tanker,reefer,lowboy,panel,end dump)

Been in the hobby bout a year and a half now and I'm feeling fine:D:D;)

Mario

Radio Control Trucker 03-16-2013 01:03 PM

Yes sir :) You are a raving lunatic :eek: :eek: :p :D

I only have: 1 King Hauler, 1 Knight Hauler, 1 Ford Aeromax, and 1 Globeliner :D :D :cool:

Then, of course, I have my dozens of 1/28 & 1/32 tractor-trailers and I've totally lost count of my 1/87 scale collection :eek: :D :)

But then again, I do have a brain-tumor :eek: :rolleyes:

- RCT

IDontKnow 03-16-2013 04:46 PM

Everyone else is chiming in withtheir collections so why not join in!

2 x Nitro Power Boats
2 x Nitro power 4WD buggies
1 x TMaxx Monster truck
2 x Helicopters
1 x Electric Boat
1 x Electric 4WD Buggy

Trucks:
King Hauler, Globeline, Mercedes 1850, Ford Aeromax, Ford F350

Trailers:
Reefer, 2 x Flatbed, "A" Trailer flatbed, Tanker, Container Trailer (for Bruder)

And soon to be added is my backhoe!

Rd/Rz 03-16-2013 05:17 PM

Scania R620 and 3 trailers ,can't say any more in case the wife happens to read this! But she knows there's Lots more:eek:

1985 kenworth 03-16-2013 06:00 PM

knock...knock...hello is this the therapy class for r/c trucks ..thank you all for having me ....my name is dwayne and i have 12 tractors +4 unbuilt,14 trailers +5 unbuilt and i am glad to meet you all and i have several other r/c cars and pickup trucks including a ford 4dr dually hmmm wonder if i could post it on here..technically it is a truck with dual wheels ..anyway whether you have one or 100 we all get treated equally here and everyone's build(s) are important to all of us and you should not feel bad in any sense of the word...this is no competition but a place for us to meet,build and talk and most of all....PLAY!!

IDontKnow 03-17-2013 06:27 AM

Well, it was amusing to see what flavours everyone has?

rcman 03-17-2013 06:41 AM

yeah it sure is! I didn't even list the other rc's I have lol! I think I have around 40 now lol.

BRICKNICK 03-17-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzy16 (Post 81499)
makes me sad to way i'v only got 1 truck :(

although iv only been in the hobby about 6 months.

I'm about two years in and I've got a stretched king hauler with a 53' spread axel flatbed, a stretched globeliner with a tanker, and an hpi drift car turned into the Smokey and the bandit trans am. Not to shabby.

1985 kenworth 03-17-2013 09:08 AM

cool would like to see a pic of the trans am..i just got the hpi vaughn gittin jr mustang..wow is it fast

hippy 03-17-2013 09:47 AM

ok so we are giving support here eh!

1 kinghauler
1 bruder knock off trailer
2 sc10's
2 traxxas slash's
1 losi strike
1 1/8scale late mod dirt traker
2 axial rock crawlers
2 mgt bft
4 heli's
1 1/32 rc pete
1 losi mini crawler
1 bolink dragster
1 boat
2 rc10t's
2 rc10w pan cars
1 losi slider.

so ya you're all right. you just have to remind the signifacant other that this hobby keeps you out of the bars! ;)

p.s. be at this for just over 20 years now.

rc_farmer 03-17-2013 10:59 AM

Hi group....my name is rob and i am addicted to farm toys, semi-trucks, trains, airplanes....

1 king
1 globe
1 cotton hauler (king)
1 cotton picker
3 combines
6 tractors
2 planters
1 wing-fold disk
1 anhydrous disk
1 hopper bottom
1 box trailer

or yeah and a TerraGator

I need help.............carrying all this stuff:D:D

Radio Control Trucker 03-17-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth (Post 81611)
knock...knock...hello is this the therapy class for r/c trucks ..thank you all for having me ....my name is dwayne and i have 12 tractors +4 unbuilt,14 trailers +5 unbuilt and I have several other r/c cars and pickup trucks including a ford 4dr dually

Dwayne is probably the man with the most toys :p :eek: :D

You have been one of my heroes for a while now, I just wish I could afford to compete with you in quantity. Man, it would be awesome to live local to you. :) :D :cool:

- RCT

Stuff 03-22-2013 12:49 PM

and here i've been downsizing! call the doctor!