RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Going with the seasons..... (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=7632)

Supermario 09-25-2013 10:30 PM

Going with the seasons.....

As this summers Canadian Rc season comes to an end I can't help but wonder how to get through the winter.:eek::confused::rolleyes:
I don't want to have an all out new build on the kitchen table again but want to do something when it hit me....
Just like the real rigs, after logging some miles, it's time for Maintenance!

The new winter plan for S&M trucking is some truck TLC!
This winter will be, pull the tranny's, inspect and lube. Inspect axles and lube. While I'm at it, I want to lock the rear axles for better drive. Continue wiring lights on trailer fleet......that should get me through till spring:D

Mario

1985 kenworth 09-25-2013 11:07 PM

Re: Going with the seasons.....

hey mario,thats what i do too.our upstairs hallway to my room looks like a parking spot from my trucks.they are usually lined up on one side facing my room and as one is done and goes on the shelf i bring another in "to the shop":p.:D...it helps but only for awhile unfortunately.with the added wiring you will be doing should carry you through...

RCP57 09-25-2013 11:27 PM

The way I see it that will only take you through till the end of October leaving you with a few more months to start and finish another project...Just my 2 cents:D:D:D

Now get building!

Dieselchopper 09-25-2013 11:38 PM

Too bad I'm way out in Saskatchewan. The garage is ready aside from bringing in some sand.............

Radio Control Trucker 09-26-2013 02:02 AM

It sounds like a good plan to me Mario. Susan should be able to participate in the maintenance too. :p

Be safe and have fun folks. :)

- RCT

TRUCKMAKER 09-26-2013 07:17 AM

Mario, since your a lot farther north than I am and I expect the white stuff :D to start falling in a month or so and with all that new road you laid this summer I would think you would need some winter road maintenance equipment! :cool::p Since you probably don't want to run your current fleet in the snow you need to build a couple of beaters to run the winter roads:lol::lol:. Some how with all that maintenance work on the exsisting fleet and the suggested new builds:lol::lol::lol: I'd say you should be pretty set for the winter months, no boredom there!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

IDontKnow 09-26-2013 07:39 AM

Roll on Summer? First outdoor show ...... We do em rain, hail or shine here in the west!
(Sorry, could not resist!)

civic83 09-26-2013 02:58 PM

Im glad i have the entire basement to play with, its crowded but at least its nice and warm. hope to pull off a couple builds this winter.

RCP57 09-26-2013 07:40 PM

I live in the part of Canada that doesn't get cold...in fact we didn't even have snow last winter...:p

Supermario 10-04-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER (Post 95072)
Mario, since your a lot farther north than I am and I expect the white stuff :D to start falling in a month or so and with all that new road you laid this summer I would think you would need some winter road maintenance equipment! :cool::p Since you probably don't want to run your current fleet in the snow you need to build a couple of beaters to run the winter roads:lol::lol:. Some how with all that maintenance work on the exsisting fleet and the suggested new builds:lol::lol::lol: I'd say you should be pretty set for the winter months, no boredom there!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Well , you got me thinking, I could try my tank in the snow and got my rock crawler truck that may work. I wish I could move some snow with the loader as I sit in the living room but maybe I'll just try clearing the back steps area :rolleyes:
I'm also trying to convince my neighbour and good friend to install my fuel furnace in his large, insulated but not heated garage. All I'm asking in return is enough space for me to set up my little Rc shop:bounce:
If that happens, it's gonna be a great winter of building:D:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDontKnow (Post 95074)
Roll on Summer? First outdoor show ...... We do em rain, hail or shine here in the west!
(Sorry, could not resist!)

No need for apologies, what goes around comes around. In the spring I get my chance to proclaim the joyous season ahead and you get winter......:eek: wait a minute, winter don't stop ya....:cop: that's not fair! :lol::lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by oztruck (Post 95097)
Is it true that trucks stop in the winter on the other side of the pond?

Chris

Only if the pond isn't frozen over:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCP57 (Post 95099)
I live in the part of Canada that doesn't get cold...in fact we didn't even have snow last winter...:p

:mad::mad::mad: you soft west coast boys! And there I was working up north in 40 below weather!:D