RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Construction Equipment (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   FORKLIFT CONTAINERS (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=8893)

JoseFL10-4 05-09-2014 11:21 PM

FORKLIFT CONTAINERS

5 Attachment(s)
I m working in a big project and i need this one finish before start the rest of it (mega port). I m going to use this kid to lift containers. I use pvc .080 for the body. Now i m thinking to build a screwdrive to lift but no idea how start with. ??????

JoseFL10-4 05-12-2014 11:36 PM

Re: FORKLIFT CONTAINERS

5 Attachment(s)
I try to follow the pic and here is what i be done so far looks a little the same jajajaj , yellow cat, + some screwdrive work.

JoseFL10-4 05-12-2014 11:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Is almost done may be finish this weekend hopefully, still testing the lift system, waiting for the wheels then finish paint and decals.

Trucker_Jo 05-13-2014 01:16 AM

Looks great:cool:

Espeefan 05-13-2014 01:59 AM

Looks cool. I like these container handlers. They are pretty neat machines to watch. Actually the intermodal yards they work in a perfect for anyone who has an interest in trains, big ships, semi-trucks, and the container handling equipment.

JDH429 05-13-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Espeefan (Post 110557)
Looks cool. I like these container handlers. They are pretty neat machines to watch. Actually the intermodal yards they work in a perfect for anyone who has an interest in trains, big ships, semi-trucks, and the container handling equipment.

That's for sure! Good point Nate. The only container yard near me is the CSX yard in Collinwood. Good size but it's tough to get anywhere real close to watch the containers being shuffled. Plenty of areas to wTch the trains roll in and out though, but it's in the heart of East Cleveland. Which is a pretty sketchy area to be hanging around..

Cool container handler! Keep up the nice work.

Stuff 05-13-2014 11:27 AM

now that is awesome! way to re-use parts to make something awesome!

MoRockN 05-13-2014 01:04 PM

That's awesome man!! I need one of those for my logistic center.

JoseFL10-4 05-16-2014 12:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is with decals, now i have to see how i can install all electric i forgot to leave a space for the battery so i will use the cab for it.

JoseFL10-4 05-16-2014 01:06 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I have the wheels huh, now i m going to paint the lift in black install some weight in the back, rails on the side to the cab, muffler are on the way. NOW IF SOMEBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A YOYO OR RETRO CABLE FOR THE LIFT PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THNKS. more pics soon with the whole set.

BiLLy bOb 05-16-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseFL10-4 (Post 110835)
on the way. NOW IF SOMEBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A YOYO OR RETRO CABLE FOR THE LIFT PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THNKS. more pics soo

how about a very light weight braided fishing line? strong as dickens.

Stuff 05-16-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLy bOb (Post 110837)
how about a very light weight braided fishing line? strong as dickens.

another option is on ebay there is guys selling replacement string for old tonkas etc. its a bit thicker though. fishing line would get you the most wraps per spool.

JoseFL10-4 05-17-2014 03:38 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is finish. i include the drawing idea but is a lot different, i use some pics from google + some ideas from the guys in this forum.