dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DaBears Day Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniolillo View Post
Very great work friend
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Boy, if you didn't cut the frame, even with a lift axle, that would still put the word large, in large car! Nice work so far, Aaron! Are you going to cut out the light buckets next?
Tell me about it the Frame measures out at 28inches little long for a daycab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
Nice job either road you take it will be great...i like the stretched look myself
I think it looks cool that long but not practical for pulling a dump trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Hi Aaron, Glad to see your back in the build scene!
It's yours and up to you how you proceed but since you asked I'd say if you want a show piece leave the frame the length it is. If you want a work truck shorten it up where you reset the cab, it looks about right. If its going to remain the tractor of choice for pulling the dump trailer leave it as a tandem. IMO tri-axle tractors under tandem trailers just look like over kill and a waste of motive power!
Just remember make it yours and if you go slow things are bound to change and who knows what you might end up with! Have fun and take lotsa pictures!
Thanks buddy! Yea I think ill chop about 4-6" off so it'll be about 22-24" long I like tag axles but I agree unless you have a massive load with a oversize trailer with 3+ axles on it it looks funny. I will prob pull the lowboy too but still that's only a tri axle. (which is getting an overhaul too)
-and come on Kent you should know me by now it'll be overkill with pics as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabs View Post
It would look cool with a lift axle, I wouldn't go tri-drive. It would look real cool if you put a lift on the trailer to.
Tailer has no room for another axle on it the way it was built. The box is gonna get a makeover and maybe the suspension swapped out for a linked rear but that's about all it'll handle. I take pics

Thanks for looking
Bonus is I only live 10 mins from Rick at PMD so if I need emergency parts im covered. lol