View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Uber Newbie From Idaho

Welcome aboard Michael. I would agree and also disagree with the buying of a kit. I think it first depends on your abilities. If you can build things and you don't want "Normal" then I don't believe you really need a kit. I can tell you from experience money wise it pretty much comes out even whether you buy a kit or parts. I started simply with a King Hauler cab that a friend gave me and went from there. I made just about everything on my truck that is not metal or aluminum. For those things that are metal, I had them ALL custom made by members of this forum. Except for my shocks, I made them... Now some would say that I went a little overboard on my truck, I could have bought three kits with what I have spent on it so far and it's nowhere near done yet. My point being that if you can build it, and you want a "Custom" truck in my opinion buying a kit is a waste of cash because you won't use a bunch of it, but on the other hand what you don't use you could always sell on here or ebay.

Any way, Welcome and take the time to look around the forum a bit, pay close attention to the "Vendors" section. That is where you will find the custom parts and they are all made by OUR members not out side sellers.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive