View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 10:47 AM

der82c is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/14 Komatsu PC200 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Great idea putting the swing motor in the cab area, all too often a wasted area by other model companies.

Steel fabrication is becoming more popular all the time & so much simpler to form & weld than aluminum... not to mention the weight advantage that these models are always lacking.

The last pic of the press, is it a place where you work daily? Are you a metal worker by trade?
the swing motor, i intend to put it vertically instead of horizontal cause its a PC200 body, its relatively small size excavator. not much space left, cabin area is the only chance.
RCEX_MARK02_HYD01_ASSM.jpg

RCEX_MARK02_CAB01_ASSM.jpg

aluminum is light weight but don't have the strength, need up to thickness 3mm to nearly equal the strength of 1m steel. while my welder always quit worry on welding aluminum, tricky skill needed. while steel is less costly, but the rusting problem. epoxy powder coat will solve it.

i am a CAD drafter in a sheet metal fabrication factory. so it was easy for me to done all those metal stuff. i do the drawing, while my guy do all the bending, welding, drilling and etc. they are experience and skillful worker, but sometimes they got me boil up my head when they create rejected parts.