View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 12:15 AM

Blender is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arrow board trailer build

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It feels weird to be so passionate over such a forgotten machine. I am very excited to wire up the arrow board after paint.

Is it bad if I've already ordered parts for a second variation? RGB LED array 16x32 pixel: not exactly the right aspect/pixel count, but my sickness has begun. A two line construction message board is next. It will be powered by an Arduino as well.

@FlyingBeagle: I've been struggling with the telehandler for maybe 5 years now. The version from the videos mostly functions, but i couldn't pack everything in for a final (detailed) assembly. Version 3 is in the works. I have a few prototype parts around as a proof of concept, but i'm trying to iron out all the details before i spend too much on parts. I'll post up a build thread once construction actually begins. My goal is to have something physical by the end of the year. For now you can peek through my renderings:

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/ToyTu...brary/Forklift

There's a printed axle casing in there as well as some overall shots. I worked so slow Caterpillar introduced an entirely new model which is why I changed the engine cover in the renderings. I wanted the match the newer TH407C.