View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 01:03 PM

Mike205 is on a distinguished road
Default Which hyd excavator pump/setup for a newbie

Hi, I'm looking to purchase my first hydraulic setup.
Sorry for the long post it's been a long time coming.
This is after trying my luck with screw drives and the bruder cat, these attempts ended with disappointment having experienced non stop servo creep with diy rotational servos and sticking cylinders a real hair puller !
My current workhorse is the Bruder schaeff which is much more functional than pretty, works ok, using mini servos using pushrods. Every attempt I have made with the undercarriage has ended up with tracks that just have to look at a small stone and they fall off
The reason I am writing this post is I have been looking at the website for around a year and have tried every alternative to hydraulics because of the expense involved, and lack of knowledge. Also I think not enough info supplied on the German websites.

I need a system for a 1:14 size machine to begin with I am only intending to move/dig soft material so a Bruder cat to start me off, now
down to business, I don't want to spend £1000 on a system that isn't going to grow with me. Is 12 bar going to cope with a fully metal arm, and perhaps a move up to 1:12 scale. At roughly the same price, the premacon jung pumps have 600ml and 900ml capacity and upto 45 bar, as opposed to the leimbach pumps which go up to 380 or 450ml and 10-16 bar if I am correct.

Would the premacon pump for 900ml work in a Bruder cat 1:14 or would it be too large or powerful and would it work at 10-16 bar, if so I would not need to upgrade later, or would a 12 bar pump be all I am likely to need for an all metal arm 1:14 or 1:12 machine ?
Thanks for any input