View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 03:42 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I tried to work at the interior of my workshop the last couple wks of warmer weather, but my lower back just won't let me do that kind of heavy work anymore, so I got builder crew to do it this week, 3 guys did it inside of 2 days.

front entry – room is 24 x 30 sq feet. I have a 12’ width roll up door directly left of picture. I do my cutting, grinding, welding in this room.

middle room – 18 x 30 sq feet. There will be a semi circle of sit down workbenches to the left of pic, going around from one door to the other door on other side of room. To the right of pic will be where my manual lathe & mill sits. The room has a closed in roof so it can be heated warmer than rest of building, I can work in a T shirt. Lots of room for new projects & old projects & space to make quick repairs to get equip back in the field asap.

back room – 18 x 30 sq feet. Dirt floor, a place to mess around & test out new equip, painting parts, ect. The 850 will come out here after seeding to move piles of dirt around wall edges to seal up building from outside weather.

back room – I will cut a door opening here to access lean-to structure. Lean-to will be 13 x 40 area, which will give me access to my house via a tunnel.

this pic shows where the lean-to structure to be built this summer, but 1st I need to pour concrete slab in corner of house, northward 15 feet (camera currently pointing south), then lean-to will be placed one foot over north edge of concrete. Then the Lil Giants Constr Co will dig a 15’ x 4’ x 7’ tunnel under the concrete slab over the next few yrs. Approx 15.5 cu yds + additional yardage for elevated ramp to rise to ground level at approx. 12° incline.

In a wk or 2, hopefully it's above 10C, I primer & paint the walls a bright white. Then the electrician will do his thing while I'm planting my crops in May... and sometime this summer I set up shop & start using it! Boy oh Boy do I have a lot of ideas & projects that have stacked up over the last couple of yrs.

Joe