View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
is it that loud...wow probably cause an evacuation in the neighboring buildings.they will think its a fire alarm
Oh ya! Not only do I wear safety glasses in my shop, I gotta wear hearing protection now just incase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd/Rz View Post
Instead of taking the cab off to charge , solder another plug to the battery and tuck the plug out of the way underneath the cab, that way you just pull out the plug and plug in the charger .just make sure the Esc is off .I have done this on a few of my Toys that are difficult to access the battery
Maybe if I was using a Nimh battery I would consider doing that but this truck has a Lipo and I'm still learning about them and respect them for the potential hazards they present. I'm sure many others have used Lipo batteries for a long time with no issues but I still want to stay on the safe side and not charge in the truck. They manufacture and sell lipo charge bags for a reason right?
I blow a battery on the work bench, no problem. If I fry a battery while in the truck.... Big problem!

Thanks for the input though. It all boils down to personal preference I guess. If I asked 20 guys about charging batteries in the truck, 10 would say not a problem and the other 10 would say don't do it I bet ya

Mario