View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WTF HAPPENED !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Thanks guys. I'm really kicking myself for two reasons. I shouldn't have tried that primer and the cat paint can be applied without primer!

Today's update, I got the paint off and looks like the primer did more than react with the paint the crackle you see in the first pics is still there and you can feel the roughness of them

That's it. I ordered a new cab today

Mario
You should just build an aluminum cab. At least it won't look like an old "B" sack if the paint wrinkles.

Sorry for poking fun. I feel your pain because I also struggle with painting. It really should be one of the best parts of the build but for me it is always the most stressful. I painted my Volvo's body with 4 different brands of paint. The one that finally went on the easiest was the Armor coat... Go figure...

On my KH, I used automotive touch up paint(base and clear) but used primer from Princess auto. I had no problems with that one but let the primer cure for days before I laid the color and clear. I think the solvents in the primer need to kick off for a few days if you aren't painting immediately. On some of the primer I have used it said to paint within an hour or wait at least 48 hours.

Reg