View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 PM

ngward79 is on a distinguished road
Default Ohio Rc Scale Guru's

I belong to a group called the Ohio Rc Scale Guru's with over 700 members, most being from Ohio but we have members from all over the country and our group is only a year and a half old and for the most part we do scale rock crawling but a lot of us are into other forms of rc as well. Last fall we had a comp and had exhibition runs from a local Tractor pulling group and went well , so this year we are wanting to expand a d we will have exhibition class for King of the Hammers style racing, Mega Muddy Truck racing, and the tractor pulling as well. I myself have been on this site for a while and have watched videos on YouTube forever and am dying to get into scale construction equipment. I'm on the Guru's admin team and talk to the others and we want to try to get some of you guys to come out to our comp in July to just show what it is you do to try and expand all the different forms of our hobby together and help each other's grow. We invite anyone from anywhere willing to come and with absolutely no fee's of any kind and we will supply a big pile of dirt for you guys to play with. The land is privately owned by the founder of our group who just so happens to run heavy equipment for a living and would love for you guys to come join in on the fun. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Some pics of a local group we invited last year to do some exhibition runs for the tractor pulling and was a great success and got several of our other members involved in there hobby and we got a few of them to join ours as well and they will be back this year for our summer event as well.

A few pics from the comp

We make our events family oriented and have people of all ages ranging from 8 years old to mid 50's and we even allow pets ! All the participants of our kids class received a plaque and prize for competing.

As you can see we had a good turn out at our last event this past fall with over 120 competitors plus more people from our kids class and exhibition from the tractor pull.