View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 04:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Hello guys, thanks for the nice comments. As always it's appreciated. I know some time has passed since my last update. The truth is I got a little side tracked and lost some motivation for this project truck, but I'm slowly (as always ) working on getting back some momentum, starting off by finishing up a new cab visor!

Turns out making a great cab visor is not very easy. It was kicking my butt for a few months. I must have made 4 or 5 of these things, at about two hours a piece. The more I made, the better they got, but it was a bit frustrating putting all the time into making visors that never quite fit right, or looked good. Finally I have one that I am happy with!

It's a big show truck looking drop visor, with a little bowtie mixed in, cut and formed by hand out of .032" thick aluminum. I mounted the visor to the cab with four 0-80 screws. It's pretty fun drilling and tapping small screws like this in aluminum (not!). I had to do it by hand, and thankfully all the holes lined up great!

This thing 'ought to match the big fat stacks pretty nicely, when the truck is all finished up! Thanks for looking.