View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Ahhhh,, good point joe, (I think that's yr name?). I will program the pump channel to run about 30% and will also put it onto a switch at 100% so I can set the pressure.

I did get her to run today, wasn't expecting much. Figured something would be backwards or hooked up wrong but to my supersize my initial run was flawless!!! It took about 15 seconds before the blade lifted. I had some oil in the cylinders but a lot of air. Once it cycled through a few times everything worked and no binding anywhere. I was very very happy and one of the few times in my life something I did worked correct on the first time!!!! I did take apart the prv, I do believe something was stuck in it, cleaned and played with a bit then put back together. I think it may have had a bur on the seat. Had to take apart and work the needle and seat some a few times.

On the list of things to do;
--Get rid of the battery tray replacing with something that can be screwed together after the hydraulic lines are hooked up and routed. Giving me more access to whatever is under it.
-- have to remake the blade cylinder seal housings. I originally made them to accept a regular hydraulic seal but later converted them to using x-rings and o-rings. ,, they leak.
--paint the grill, windows, touch up things, ect,,,
--make some hydraulic line guides for the stabilizer bar, using zip ties for now.
--make the tank breather more accessible so I can use it to fill and change oil.

I did do a rookie mistake, I had been playing with it for several minuets and a bit of oil had leaked out from the lift cylinders. I probably didn't have enough oil in the tank to start with. Once it started working I was so excited that I just didn't pay attention to the loss of oil and lack of oil. The blade started sticking and becoming sticky on the way down (it was running out of oil and sucking air). So I thought I needed to increase pressure. I was thinking the prv valve wasn't working so I cranked it in. Well I can say the pump make good pressure, went up to 40 and ended with oil all inside . Figured I deserved that for not paying attention. It blew a hose, ripped a gash in it, it didn't come disconnected anywhere but rather the line opened up. It was the blue hose I have and it may be a tad weaker than the black. Feels a bit more flexible. So after cleaning and degreasing most of the underside I realized what happened and still was just tickled pink that it worked !!!

I will get some video of the next time she runs !!!! Thanks for the input frome everyone, I really appreciate your guidance and advise, definitely hooked on the scale construction toys. Already planning on converting the backyard koi pond into a large construction site!!! (My duck has disappeared and it has a hole in the liner so it needs fixed or replaced,, or converted to a giant open pit mine))