Thread: Mack R Model
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mack R Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
looks good Mack how is it compared to the 1st 1 that guy made ? Is there still swirl marks on the back of the cab ? You said bigger , by how how much ?
All 3 of his cabs had swirl marks. Im no body man but was able to use high build primer to get rid of the rough printed lines. When I say bigger I'm referring to the scale length of the cab. 1966-1972 R model Mack's had a steel dash and flat rear wall "short cab" . In 1973- to end of production the cab was +3" longer. Noticed by looking behind the doors. The later cabs were a little deeper and had long grab handles. My 6 wheel dump is a small cab, my RS700 and this r600 are of the larger +3 cabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Awesome - for a reason I am not sure of yet - I like this one best of all your Mack's so far. Really nice.
Thank you. I like it too. It looks like a standard R model but with a little bling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berman View Post
Fantastic job, that is amazing! Love the retro paint! Some colour coded Daytons would set it off perfectly
Thank you I'm waiting for the guy that makes these cabs to do some rear wheels. I have front spokes that he and I designed but I really think this truck would look great with aluminum fronts and spoke rears. A true east coast classic R Model.