View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Green Horn

mavrick0 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Cascadia build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540-MAN View Post
It would look better with the rounded ends on it near the rear wheels it would just set it off nicely.

Just a question do they really put the switches under the tanks like you have yours for the mfu or have you done that yourself. If that's where they put it I think it's a stupid place because considering how low the truck is I reckon they might get wrecked and court on something.
I'm still tempted to get another set of side panels and do a little rework. Now that I have been looking more while on the road I'm now seeing more and more Cascadia's with this setup. And yes this is where Tamiya put the panel for the MFU controller. It's not ideal but really it doesn't sit that low and these trucks are pavement vehicles so I don't see any really issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrover View Post
Looking good, cant wait to see how this is gonna turn out!! I'll be watching this build, the Cascadia is growing on me, maybe in the future?

Tim
Thanks Tim. It's coming along slowly. There haven't been any major changes lately. Just some minor stuff like replacing all the cross members with aluminum one's so my wiring can pass through them. Rebuilt the tranny with the still shift gears since I found them on eBay and replaced the stock steel plates on the tranny with some nice black aluminum one's. And then I've always been routing my wires for where everything looks good and some other minor painting. Still haven't painted the main body as I'm trying to get a friend to do it before he goes away to a course for 4 months. Other then that it's been a lot of work to the trailers for the truck and they are almost done.