View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 04:09 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Not done the real work yet RW, last couple wks busy either loading Btrains long hauling & trking grain locally myself. This coming wk I have at least 6 Btrains coming for mustard & feed grains and I have deliveries to make to the hog barn just down the road from me. Plus I have 190mt of fertilizer to get home from town sometime before Dec 1st... gonna be at it for awhile yet... and winter arrived today with 6" snowfall forecasted over the next couple days & -20C by tomorrow morning... a 30 degree temperature change in just a few days Brrrrr

So yesterday was about 4hrs of dirt hauling out of the basement before dark... the last 50 loads worth for the yr.I think I may have moved out just over 3cubes this yr, about 2 cubes in the last 3 wkends. I was looking for a picture that showed where I was at last spring, but it doesn't look like I took one, although the vid 'Hauling out in April' shows the size of the pile last Spring.

I spread out Izzy's dozer kit on the workbench last Sunday night & almost as quickly as I started - I was done! b/c I didn't have a 2.5mm tap. How I really hate that when I get charged up to do something & suddenly realize I can't b/c a part is missing or a tool I don't have... where I live there is no running down town for a quik buy! I had taps by Friday & started building the tracks Friday night.

A quick trip to the city Monday afternoon for farm business, I picked this up too... some of you can probably guess what it is.

I'm sure glad my hotrod diesel isn't a long box, it just barely fits with a foot or so front & back.

My contractor got the cement work done around the westside of my house mid Oct. The pad by the step, I'm thinking I will put a hot tub there.

And they came last week to do the framing. The metal siding was ordered after b/c the contractor wanted to get it cut to ground contour, as it is known now there is a 13" difference in height from the house down to the back of shop. Contractor figures they'll still get it put up before xmas, but the spray foam insulation will have to wait till next summer for warmer temps for adhesion... I don't think I'll be doing any digging in there this winter.

This pile of dirt is what the tlb took out around the house for cement prep, this will be a fantastic job for the 10 scale D9 to level out & spread next summer.

Joe