View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 09:16 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

It's a Miller 180 tig welder... I told the clerk what I wanted to weld (steel & aluminum) & thicknesses, this is what he recommended... other than that I don't know, I was kinda in a hurry. They didn't have it in stock, it was delivered to a friend's business in town where I picked it up Friday... it's still in the box. It came with a book, "tig welding for dummies", I should go fish that out right now & get busy reading.

I think you're quite safe in that regard Reg, I won't be welding any trk cabs anytime soon. I hope my tig skills develop quickly enough to have a mule train of cross dumps worthy of the 4206 to pull by spring.

Sounds like a fair trade RW. I don't think the learning curve will be too difficult for me, I got pretty good at vertical stick welding with professional looking results before getting a mig 10yrs ago. Mig is just easy peasy to do with thicknesses greater than 1/8. I'm juiced to learn tig welding now, I just hope my eyesight is good enough to see the correct puddle I need to achieve... how my eyes have changed in just the last 3yrs.

Here's a vid I made yesterday. Using just the one bd trl the last two wkends, my turn arounds are less than half the time with the Btrain... about 12 loads an hour = roughly two 5ga pails of dirt. The B lead volume is about 2/3's of the pup, so I'm getting out more dirt per hour with one trl vs two.

http://youtu.be/B3pO6KycamI

Joe