View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Hour Bruder Dozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Hi RCP you said you cut aluminum on your bandsaw and then milled it . When I need bar alum I cut it on the table saw with a fine blade slowly and a quick file smooth and knock the edge off , just a suggestion . Mike
I'm not really brave enough to make a cut that thin on the table saw. It would be faster though providing I still had all of my body parts afterward. I need to make a new insert for the table on my saw. It has a large gap around the blade for angle cutting so cutting thin strips is a struggle. A thinner blade would also be nice. I would have needed twice as much material by cutting it on the table saw and losing 1/8" or more with each cut. The best thing would be getting the right material for the job in the first place. Unfortunately it isn't available...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpipespete View Post
Reg , that looks really good !
A single blade ripper will finish it off nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTech9 View Post
Great looking protection for the dozer. And i agree a ripper would be cool.
I want to build a winch for my dozer. A ripper would be OK but there isn't a lot of room left to hide an actuator inside the body. I guess it could be done with a servo mounted on the outside though. I'm just not sure how useful a ripper would be on a 6lb machine.