View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A few laps with a fat guy(moto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Hey not bad! Yea arms getting heavy? Lol!! Man just a few years ago (at least it feels like) I would practice running 40min motos on the big track, take a break and run 20 motos on the sx track!!! Looking back I would have to say, that was the best shape I was in (when not broken) I think ever!! I do miss the ride, it's funny but practice was something to look forward to!! When ya throw a leg over it seems like everything else disappears, but then something brings ya back, like running out of oxygen!! Lol!! Had a grey area when the second knee surgery hit , that's what got the d6 dozer to level the track. Try not to look back but running a few laps is something that clears the mind and sooths the soul!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
You're 39yo now? That's what age I was when I had a low speed crash with a quad & cracked my pelvis... 8wks before I could walk again & over a yr before I could lift & carry more than 20lbs. The lower back pain I suffer from the last 3yrs, the majority pain is right where the crack happened, 2" left of center.

Since 30yo with my 1st quad, I use to ride over 5000miles per yr, drove it everywhere 12months of the yr, it was an awesome tool for the farm, especially with cattle.

I still use a quad on the farm, but I travel a lot slower. the wheels never leave the ground & it's strictly farm use for crop checking & fencing. I can't afford to get hurt nowadays, if I get any more physically handicapped than I already am, my farming career will be over!

Don't mean to rain on your enjoyment Reg, but we aint 20yo & heal fast anymore... I absolutely love the use of my new workshop this winter, but I can't put in the big hrs you do everyday b/c my back pain won't let me... just saying, be careful.
Yeah you guys are right. Can't be too careful that's for sure. I've never really been a reckless, push the limits kind of rider(insert SLOW) but I've had a few nasty get offs over the years just like everyone else. Some that required trips to the hospital and sleeping in a recliner with two broken legs while others I barely got a scratch! I find it pretty easy to talk myself out of riding now a days because I can't afford to get hurt either. On the flip side I spend so much time in the shop pretty much 7 days a week that I am in horrible shape for my age. Not to mention having high blood pressure and other crap that stems from stress and a lack of exercise.lol RW is absolutely right though, when you swing a leg over the bike it makes everything more clear...until you crash and start seeing stars.