View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A few laps with a fat guy(moto)

It is funny but from your comment about how the bikes started all this, it has been same for me. Went through a grey period after getting out of racing as that was a big part of my life. Had a girlfriend back then that was told hey I ride, it comes first, you second. Yea she cheated on me!? Lol!! But the rc stuff was always interesting to me. Once I realized I could tune, tweak, and be competitive (just with friends) with that with no risk of emergency room visits it became much more appealing. Then finding a thread about joe and digging out his basement. Well it all has ended in $$$ of machines, tooling, and being happy without a cast on some body part. So the current wife and family is supportive and thankful to you guys!! Me too!! Now it's like coming back semi-circle to be getting a bike for exercise and fun!! Might have to swing up to the old Kawi dealer. I always was a honda guy but whoever would help the most was who I liked. Oh back when Doug Henery won at the Vegas super cross I was there marking the new era in 4strokes. Never been the same since!! They had plastic gears in his bike (saving weight-and didn't need 5th gear anyway) oh and you gncc guys are nuts!! I can run laps around you on a track but when in the woods-whooo, those trees and rocks, man I had to stop, turn off and listen to where they got to!! Well back to some heavy equipment work.