View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 07:22 AM

Location: Mostly a little world of my own but otherwise in the Bolton area in the North West of England
Serviceguyuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone bought r2hobbies truck stuff?

I didn't mention in my earlier post that I also bought an R2hobbies 40 foot trailer part number rcvp3378013 again from the UK agent.

This was again in a brown cardboard box but all the parts were there including a full bearing set and foam tyre inserts. It went together like a dream with perfect alignment and no missing parts and a few screws, etc left over.

Once completed utterly impossible to see the difference to the Tamiya model.

I had my worries about "cheap Chinese s**t" but having working there and bought endless amounts of stuff manufactured there I suspect now the exact opposite to become if it isn't already to be true ! ! ! The nation works 10 hours a day six days per week as a standard. The work ethic is prevalent and all workers are fiercely proud of their nation. They're also aware of the unfortunate reputation they have in some quarters for producing low quality goods so their efforts are bordering on the extreme nowadays to produce high quality products comparable with any produced in the traditional manufacturing countries in a shorter time and at a lower cost. Apple's sub-contractors in China are an extreme example of this where most are in the middle between 24/7 and lazy.

I see this as the way ahead whether we like it or not, my work experience tells me it is utterly inevitable where products from ship building to road construction and TVs to cars and all points in between will soon enough be made in China. As I type, my HP keyboard, Dell monitor, HP laptop and stand including all power leads and supplies including the British style power plug are all in fact made in China.

I took the plunge on a couple of these products for a few hundred in total and have found to my delight that they are well worth the money and just as skillfully manufactured as Tamiya whether that's made in Japan or Germany. The price is pitched here at about 10% lower than Tamiya and for my money I will always recommend them based on my experience albeit limited.

Sorry for the little rant but just another two cents

Mike