Thread: china kat
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: china kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Looks to me like if there is air in the system.
That's a typical problem, yes. To little oil, pump partly sucking air. Another issue can be too thick oil. If one test with e.g thickness 32 oil used for full size equipment, it will feel like honey in the hoses...(but I would think thin type for models is used here, which would have thickness number 15-20 or so)

I've got the Kat myself out of curiosity, and I knew there would be a challenge of rebuild it. I've got friends that have the Eagle XL4200, and it's a lot of work making them go properly to. It's crazy to think about that one spend like $2-3000 on a piece of equipment, and then there is like 100 hours of fiddling around to make things work! Most people are tired of this crap! When one buy a cheap chineese powertool, like a drill, at $20, it's just to connect it to the grid, and start doing the job at once (very usually) We have been on the Moon, and we have been remote operated vehicles on Mars, COME ON!, it's 2015, give us a $2500 1/14 hydraulic excavator that works, out of the box! Just connect the battery, and GO! (And then Rimrock woke up from dreamland, as the potatoes boiled on the stove.)

Last edited by Rimrock; 03-24-2015 at 11:20 AM.