View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stahl Dozer drive motor help

You can replace the motor with a 380 sized motor. Just be carfull and remove the pinion from the old motor and press it on the 380. The gearbox has the right paturn to mount the motor. Dont be decived buy the 380 being smaller it will have way more torque than the original. I found this out after i replaced mine when I smoked them. Conrad does have the originals and they are the 200:1 gear ratio. The original motors have to have a big deadband at nutral if not the motor sits there with just a slight load on it and it heats up and smokes those capaciters on the inside. I to was suprised to see the capasitors on the inside when I smoked my first motor. The 380 motor will also give you some more speed as well as more power than the stock motor had on the gear box.

Here is a link to conrad for the original gear motor it is a modelcraft RB 35 1:200

http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/...omSuggest=true

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11