View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: killing servos!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
Think you might be fighting yourself with a dampener, it may add more resistance thus causing the same problem. It is a good idea though, but I would probably try to make it all hydraulic.

Really like your loader build, good job!!

David
kind of slowly going that way but the room and cost. but it may cost less in the long run you know .

thanks i only got one more body part that styrene,the counter weight. just waiting on slow time at work to cut a new counter weight out of metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick0 View Post
What gears are you breaking? As much as a servo is called metal geared a lot of them still have a plastic gear on the motor and everything else is metal so there's still a major weak point. I would also be looking at a much higher torque servo. The servo's you've listed you've used and broken are in my opinion average torque. A good high torque in my opinion is 250 plus.
the tactic one is all metal, its the gear right after the the motor, it breaks of one two teeth and that the end of it, also the tactic it kind of in a holding patern because the replacement gear kits are all on back order everywhere!

the hitec one is a nicer weaker one but it dose the same thing but the gears after the motor is plastic, and the rest are metal??? go figure???

i would go bigger badder servo but room and power. my whole system is 7.4 and most really powerfull servos are 7.4 so not enough power in the loader for all the servo and a power monster like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris deacon View Post
Why make it more complicated than it needs to be?? Why not just add a Servo Saver?
Something like this one would be ideal.
http://www.fingertechrobotics.com/pr...od=servo-saver
that might be the way to go looking at the pat to bad the don't make it double ended.....(that sounded bad)