View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What has happened to the build of the month

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudd View Post
It is being discontinued....Too much drama!

Only drama comes from rigged votes and who has "more buddies" on the forum... we all know this was never a true "build of the month" because there has been at least a hand full of times that BONE stock builds won over actual well built and modified builds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
I guess we had a good run, it lasted almost 5 years. I didn't want to see it go but the last 6 months just made it not worth it.

Thanks to all who participated and keep on enjoying your models in the other sections of the forum with the rest of us.

Travis

Last 6 months? How so? At least 3 of the builds that won the last 6 months were builds i made or had a a hand in.... so what exactly are you trying to say? You see its comments like that, that make this hobby a **** show..... lets not forget when the voting was getting rigged for bennys mack, and all of a sudden it was "fixxed" and the blame went to a "problem with the server"..... im not computer expert but the smell of b.s. is very strong..... please dnt take this as "my feelings are hurt" because truth be told ive only nominated 1 build when i first joined this forum. After i got to see all the politics i no longer did for the same exact reason many didnt either...... its not what you build its WHO YOU KNOW...... i never needed a B.O.T.M to tell me my work is good.... just my .02 cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
I never viewed this HOBBY as a competitive entity , as it shouldn't be .
You may not view it that way but EVERY hobby is competitive one way or another....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I will miss it too. I don't understand why someone would get offended by not winning? Personally, I think friendly competition is a good thing and it keeps us all striving to improve the hobby and the products available. I think it was great to be nominated a few times even though my models never won. Well maybe once. It brings attention to some current projects that are looking good if you are new to the site and gives us regulars something else to look at just in case we missed a thread. Maybe build of the month could be just one build that is selected each month by a mod instead of a competition? I guess people still may get upset though if their build was never featured. It's sad what the world has come too in my opinion...
You said it right, but involving the mods wouldnt make it any better.... it is what it is, just keep on doing good work and dealing less and less with the b.s.