View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 07:45 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dragline Crawler Build

Thanks guys!

Ya, Jared, you got it right on the truck driver. I was cracking up when I watched the video the first time. It was like I was sleeping as I swung around and clanged into his truck.

If I had a fairlead on the drag rope it wouldn't try to boom up when the rope get stuck on the track. My current rope path goes around two pulleys low on the boom so when it pulls hard it booms up

The chain is from servo city. It is .25" plastic and I used their plastic sprockets. It comes in a little bag with all the parts loose and you have to snap the links together. I got lucky with the slack, I didn't make any adjustment allowance in the drive tumbler or motor mount. I could put on a smaller tumbler sprocket if needed but I was able to pull it together with needle foreseps and pop the links together. On one side I removed the pin from the tumbler and assembled the chain and then slid the pin in place. I already had some standard steel chain bit the plastic stuff is going to work good and is munched easier to work with.

Jim