View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dragline Crawler Build

Steve, ya a fair lead would be good. I was trying to dig wet packed sand the other day and my attach points on the drag rope at the bucket are too high and cause it to tip the aft end of the bucket up. I plan to make some new brackets so I can move the attach point up or down for different soil types. I haven't really tried to tune this setup since I got it running last fall. I have the airplane instrument panel ripped apart for an upgrade so it looks like I will be driving again this year. I should find a topper for the truck so I don't have to sleep on the ground this year don't think Jennifer is coming with me this year. Going to be a long drive doing it all myself

Tom, i thought i had the bucket a bit higher on a few swings. As soon as i sat down i knew it was going to be a crash fest.

I am running 6 channels. The stupid motor controller is fussy so I have to use a separate BEC for the radio and servos, and that means every one of the seven sockets on the RX has a plug in it! They put the pins so close on the RX that the plugs hardly fit.

Jim

Last edited by Rvjimd; 07-15-2015 at 10:44 AM.